Xs400 enduro/hybrid

Now I just need to figure out how to enclose my batt/electrionics. Any ideas??

DSC_0291-1.jpg

mount alloy panels inside the tubes, that way it will still look more business like and won't extend the seat base.

You could also louvre them for a bit of panache :)

Well here is what i did. 14ga. alum. I still need to spend some time "fitting" the pieces so they look a little nicer, but I think it will get the job done. Thanks for all the ideas. I wanted to make a drop pan inside the frame rails but my battery takes up a lot of space and these stinking xs400's have to many electric gizmos to hide. :)

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0307.jpg

Well, I didn't work on the bike much this weekend. I took the tiger out for a nice back country ride on Saturday. I say 3 deer, 5 turkeys and a big red tailed hawk. It was nice to be on a bike instead of working on a bike. :) It was a nice brake. I did finish my side panels, and started making my seat pan (the part that will get upholstered). I think my original tail/seat prototype will work well for this. I just need to cut it down a little bit. I will post some pics once I get underway. I also got some material to make my bash plate out of. A friend of mine gave me a 4'x4' Sheet of .250 aluminum to cut what I need out of it. I also ordered all ballz fork seals, all ballz swing arm rebuild kit, and seal savers for the forks. Paint prep next week?..............................................................maybe :) Happy Easter by the way.

I started working on my skid plate today. I still have some trimming and fitting to do, but at least I started it. This stuff was hard to bend. It will definitely be tough enough. I will be putting some speed holes in it once its finished.

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0176-2.jpg

DSC_0177-2.jpg

DSC_0178-3.jpg

DSC_0179-2.jpg

Back