Xs400 enduro/hybrid

That's going to be a great bike for enduro action and with lights,will be a good ride around town.It definitely has a lot of style! lha

Well I finally got her back on two wheels. I got my new 2.15/19 laced up and mounted. I still need..................

Hook up brakes
wire/electronics
front fender
seat
chain
throttle hook up
side cover install
dash/instruments

Over all I'm happy with the progress. She should be back to life in a few days.

DSC_0860.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

DSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0857.jpg

DSC_0856.jpg

You need to pimp this bike out to every bike mag there is I am sure you will get a lot of takers willing to do a write up on what you have done!! A xs400 engine in a totally different bike.

You need to pimp this bike out to every bike mag there is I am sure you will get a lot of takers willing to do a write up on what you have done!! A xs400 engine in a totally different bike.

be careful who you pimp to.

most of the sites insist on being the first to scoop the bike, so choose you fave/most popular site and send to them.

Thanks for the advice. The last bike I built was featured on Silodrome.com and it got a full page feature in cafe racer magazine. I guess this bike isn't really a cafe racer. I wouldnt really know who to pimp this bike to. Its kinda in a grey area.

be careful who you pimp to.

most of the sites insist on being the first to scoop the bike, so choose you fave/most popular site and send to them.

Last edited:
Can any of you xs experts tell me if there is any unecessary junk that can be removed from the wiring harness. I can't believe how much stuff this bike has compared to my kawi. Thanks.

:-\ I am still trying to figure out what fender to go with will continue to search. I did get some electrical work done today. I got the battery mounted and the tail light and rear turn signals wired up. I will work on it some more tomorrow and snap some pictures.

I finished most of my wiring. I got almost all of the electronics in place. It is a little snug! I got the tail/brake, turn signals wired up. I rewired my headlight socket for the H4 bulb. I also installed leads for my trickle charger. The front brake light switch is working. I am waiting for my rear switch to get here. The LED tail light is super bright. A few more thing to go.....when my speedo gets here (Trail Tech Vapor with indicator dash) that will finish the rest of the wiring. My chain got here yesterday so I might cut it to length and install it tonight.
DSC_0874-1.jpg
DSC_0883.jpg
DSC_0880.jpg
DSC_0878.jpg
DSC_0877.jpg
DSC_0875.jpg

Back