XS400 Frame 3d Model

Niall

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just started my first 1980 xs400 build and have been looking to try and find a 3d model so I can work on my design, fitment for custom fabricated parts etc etc. I tried to scour all the typical CAD sites but I can't find anything so I was wondering if one of you guys might have one available or if not know where one might be available. Any help is greatly appreciated.

N

Nobody has mentioned having one or using one to design for fabrication.
I'd be very surprised.

Basic shape shouldn't be too hard to figure out but there are some semi-complex curves in places.
Nothing compared to a modern sport bike frame though.

Yeah it doesn't seem too complex its just my CAD skills wouldn't win me any medals.
And if anyone knew of one then would save me from going at it but I'll tackle it and see what comes out :)

Depends on how sophisticated these custom parts will be. With the exception of getting into precision machine work, anything you come up with should be good on a piece of paper and pencil. Even then, you can still get pretty precise, thats how it was done for decades.

Some people will simply take a pic of their bike and do some sketching with MS Paint.

Back