XS400 front fender bolts

OWL

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello. I got an 1981 xs400 that came with no front fender. I purchased an aftermarket fender that I love the look of but I need to find the bolts to attach it. I don't live close to a motorcycle shop and was wondering what size the bolts were and if I could get them from the hardware store

My 81' didn't come with any either. I am going to look at that today as I am taking my front forks in for powder coating and will let you know what I find out.

I know the bolt head is 12mm, which should make it an 8mm bolt diameter. Not sure of the thread pitch but you can grab 8mm x 1.0 or 8mm x 1.25 bolts (look for stainless) from home depot or lowes and return the ones you don't use!

I know the bolt head is 12mm, which should make it an 8mm bolt diameter. Not sure of the thread pitch but you can grab 8mm x 1.0 or 8mm x 1.25 bolts (look for stainless) from home depot or lowes and return the ones you don't use!
Thank you for the help!! ill try both and report back.

Thank you for the help!! ill try both and report back.
Hi OWL. I just picked up a 79 XS400. Curious where you found the fender you needed for your '81. I need a front fender for this '79 as it was laiddown and the fender cracked. Any help you can give me on a source would be much appreciated.

Back