1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

XS400 Hardtail Kit (Universal kit)

Discussion in 'Shops' started by Travis, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Travis

Travis Staff Member Staff Member

2. Crusifix

Crusifix XS400 New Member

Hey Trav, Been ceeping the page for quite some time! Lots of info on here I needed. I wanna hardtail my 400 but I was wondering what your opinion would be seeing is ive never done it. I wanna switch it to a single back bone, do you think it would be better to buy the 1 1/8" and sleeve the lower rails, or just buy the 1" and butt weld it?

3. Travis

I'd use 1" for the XS400. The lower rails are only 7/8" and I think 1-1/8" looks too big. Single backbone will look good. Just my opinions though.

4. Travis

The price on the 1" hardtail kit (with your choice of axle plates) has been dropped to $149.95 plus shipping. www.chopsource.com

5. Travis

The 1" hardtail kits are now $139.95 with free shipping to the lower 48 states! I've updated a lot of the information in the first post as well.

Hardtail kits are available with 1", 1-1/8", or 1-1/4" tubing. Check them out at www.chopsource.com/hardtail-kits.html

chop_source_universal_chopper_hardtail_kit_1in.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020