For Sale - Yamaha XS400 parts

wrestl08 I have a sale pending locally on the motor now. If for some reason my sale doesnt come through i will let the motor go for $150. shipping to indy would be my guestamation would be between $75-$100 because of weight. I will let you know. Thanx

got the carbs today. they look great. fantastic packaging and quick shipping. thanks for the smooth process, i will definitely buy from you again if i need anything else

i have the header pipes off a 79xs400 some light surface rust and a couple minor dings. they are noe show but defenitly go I will let go $50 shipped take a look at pics and let me know.

Thanks for checking and thanks for posting the picture. The ones I have are a little worse than yours. I was hoping to find a pair with a little better chrome. I know, LOL.
I think I will pass this time. Mike

Britcarnut, Do you have a kick start lever and cylinder head? I've got a right hand mirror for ya

I have no spare parts at all. I inherited a '79 sx400 that was last licensed in 1984 with only 4,184 miles. It had been stored in a basement (all fluids drained) for 23 years. Somehow the brake lever got bent. Before I attempt to straighten it, I would like to have a backup just in case I snap it. It's a 2F bike (wire wheels, drum brakes and kickstart only). Evidently it came without a right hand mirror (right hand mirror delete option). There's a rubber plug in the screw hole. I'm looking for a right hand mirror to match the left. If you can drop me a picture and a price, that would be great. Thanks, Mike

A little off topic here but what is the vin on your 2f? All the ones I have seen are low numbers mine is 2v60001578 there where only a small amount of these made.

A little off topic here but what is the vin on your 2f? All the ones I have seen are low numbers mine is 2v60001578 there where only a small amount of these made.

Mine is 2V6001336. Only 242 apart! Shouldn't that make our bikes cousins or something? I'm in Vienna, WV. Where are you located? Mike

Chris, it's 6:55 am. I was checking to see if I had a reply yet. Since I hadn't, I was checking out your picutures in your album. Cousins! Hell, our bikes could be twins (once I get mine detailed - and running - and new tires and . . . .). I noticed some of your pictures show no right hand mirror and some do. Did yours originally only have the left hand? Just wondering. I'm looking for right hand. I'm anal; I just like things symmetrical. Mike

Last edited:
No right hand mirror on these from the factory. I have made a few more upgrades to mine since the last pics but I am making it all original from the factory every nut and bolt!! I think I have a pic of it in the original color sales sheet in my intro thread. There was a guy on ebay that had one with a 001570 vin crazy man!

Sent you a PM but looking for a whole engine or top end to trade for a bottom. I have the bottom need a top end. I'm in GA area code 30607

To whom it may concern: Britcarnut DOES NOT have any spare parts for sale. Look at the first entry in this thread. "elpincheboss" is the person you need to address your needs to. In an earlier reply to him I included a copy of his original post, as a quote, which also included HIS pictures. Your requests should be directed to him. Sorry for the confusion. I actually need a couple of things myself. Mike

Britcarnut, I checked my supplies and I'm sorry, I guess it's a left hand stock mirror... I should look closer next time. But I do have other stock parts I'm selling that may fit your needs.

Back