Yet another Canadian with a '77 cafe...

namfbroh

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I picked up a '77 cafe project for pretty cheap about a week ago. I felt like I was taking a big risk buying a bike that doesn't run, but I'm in no rush to get it on the road and thought it would be fun to tinker with over the summer. It's my first bike so I'm in for a bunch of learning, given that it needs new carbs and doesn't have much for wiring(was just looking at the wiring diagrams that were posted... that's a lotta wires that I don't have haha).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I already appreciate the wealth of information here. I'm sure I'll be posting a bunch of newbie questions, so apologies in advance! I would also appreciate what any sages here have to say about any obvious initial advice for a newbie to XS400s.

here are a couple shots
ezk7nvV.jpg

fqlTjlF.jpg

cheers
chris

my bike is same year, been working on it 2 years, fun project, mine is more stock/modified welcome

sick wheels dude, I just finished mine (somewhat) and I'm ridin it now in Penticton, if you're ever up this way let me know.:thumbsup:
Right on! I was hoping to see some local guys on here. I'll shoot you a message when I get it up and running.

thanks for the warm welcome ya'll!

Hey dude. How's the build comin' Did you find some carbs cause there's a few guy's around the Okanagan who have the mukuni bs34's for sale and pretty cheap. And I used a simple wiring diagram off this forum and it worked out well, you can get away with minimal wiring. Whoever started the bike did a nice job. :thumbsup:

Back