For Sale - 1982 XS400 RJ-$700-SE Ohio

DR45701

XS400 Member
Reaction score
So short story long... My 400 Seca has been sitting in the garage for almost a year. The bike got parked and the fuel tank had a leak in the corner so I took it off, drained the fuel and started to strip the tank. The old Kreme coat inside the tank is shot. I found 4-5 pin/small holes in the tank that will need brazed or repaired somehow. Things that I know need done:

Tank patched, recoated, and painted (has a dent that needs filler from PO).
Carb gone through (was running when parked but jets are probably gummed up by now).
Right fork seal replaced.
Front brake sorted through.

It's not in perfect condition by any means, rash on muffler and other cosmetic blemishes. All plastics are there but the the snaps for the sides have seen better days. Bike was sold with mileage discrepancy, however, I bought a new motor as the old had seized (supposedly 7k miles on it when I bought it and I added ~5k) frame has at least ~25k miles on it. Everything for the bike goes with it: extra bearings, light bulbs, spare caliper (I think I still have it), new bearings, original serial # matched engine, and whatever else I can dig up. I'd rather it go here to someone as a complete spare parts bike or someone that's passionate enough to get it road worthy again. I just finished grad school and do not have the time/money/desire to get it going and have found a new love of riding in dual sports (found a new money pit, my '99 DR 350). PM me or message here if interested and I will send you my contact info. Clean and clear title in hand.

Attachments

• IMG_20200112_152218.jpg
    IMG_20200112_152218.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20200412_125629.jpg
    IMG_20200412_125629.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 154
Back