81 cafe RE-build from Qc

I use a gravity fed gun for all my soda stuff. Makes carb and parts cleaning quick and easy. :)

Lemonhead
I was suprised too ! I heard people using this method to clean parts but i wasn't sure of its effectiveness to remove paint ... Well i was not disappointed

xschris
Nice ! I'll try it next time ! Those kinds of guns aren't that expensive ?
Just saw some video and it seems to work very well !

Last edited:
I have two. One for beads and one for baking soda. Paid $10 for one at a yard sale and I think $40 for the other which was new. The thing is to have a large enough compressor. Mine is 26 gal 150 psi but the cfm is low (4 at 90 psi) so it takes a while to keep gun at 80-90 psi where I blast at.

Attachments

• DSC02967.jpg
    DSC02967.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 297
xschris
Size matters they say !?! Here I have a 120 gal at 150 psi, the larger the bigger lol :D

Update

And the result of the upper triple tree after being painted with VHT roll bar/cage mat black paint.

Update

Just got some new cheapos bar end mirrors in the mail yesturday !
They look really good and pretty solid for 20$ a pair !

I have the same mirrors. I'd suggest wrapping the mounting tube in friction tape to ensure a snug fit.

In fact the fitment is so tight at the moment that i have to drill the end of my clips on just to get them in !

Update

So i cut my cable and i found a cable end like this !

Not sure on how to proceed, anyone had any experiences with these ?

Thanks

Ohhhh ! Last question anyone knows how long of cable i need to leave between the end ( like the image) and the end of the housing of the cable ?

Update

*So i have a friend who's going to get the cable back together

*I bought a new speedo !

But im not sure what that piece is for (on the old one) ?

Looking like a resistance or a fuse not sure ? Do i need to keep it?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

Why is it useless ? What's the new speedo is changing with the auto cancel ?
Yes, i'm a noob ahahah

The neutral safety relay is to disable the e-start from engaging. I has nothing to do with the ignition. Blue smoke is oil burning. Smoke coming out of the carbs is a intake valve not sealing, out of time motor or bad rings.

Back