air filter help !.

Scotch

Fly fisher
Reaction score
hi guys , new to the forum and need some help sourcing air filters .
just got my first xs400 for £450 off ebay , she`s a sweet little thing but having problem with her idling on one cylinder only ( she has no air filters ) but responds well to throttle .
the air box will not take the standard air filters for a sohc modle , so i`m looking for help to id my bike and source the correct one`s .
VIN no :4G5013737
ENG no: 4G5015154

any help wecome thanks .

scotch.

Your vin says it is a 1980-83 sohc model the pic is what your bike should take. Could you post a pic of your bike so we can see what you have.

Attachments

• DSC01911.jpg
    DSC01911.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 266
thanks but that wont fit ! my air box has a side panel , to be remove for filter install , and wont take a filter that size .
is it possible that it has the dohc air box ? sorry can`t up load pic as im @ work .

hi found a photo of some air filters that might fit ,and here`s a photo of my air box , photo`s from ebay germany. can anyone supply info on these .

Attachments

• xs400 air filter.jpg
    xs400 air filter.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 445
  • xs400 air box.jpg
    xs400 air box.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
It must be a european thing never seen that setup here in the states.

Hi guy's , must be limited to the market over here and really quite rare , can't find any info or part numbers in any manual . Will just need to keep looking or convert to pods ..

Sounds to me like someone might have used one from Maxim or Seca on it. They take a rectangular paper filter thgat retains with a metal spring clip and then has three screws on the side to change it.

Yeah, thought it might be from a seca / maxim but the filters they use are more square ! These are very slim , think they are for the german market only .
The search goes on .

Hi pork chop , looks like k&n's is the way forward as the correct one's are £70 from Germany . Will need to cut the air box to get it out .

I know it's late. But I recently got my airfilters of my bike. And I have exactly the same as yours. My replacement that I ordered doesn't fit..
so probably have to go for another solution as well..

Back