Another New Guy and Simplex/Boardtrack Project

Daddio is a fraud. He didn't built this bike. A member on ChopCult known as Motolou built this bike. This clown Daddio is lying to all of you, and I hate a liar that takes credit for someone else's work and lies to everyone else saying he did, especially when this guy has never even laid eyes or hands on this bike.

Here's the proof from Motolou's own mouth over on ChopCult
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15880

Daddio is a fraud. He didn't built this bike. A member on ChopCult known as Motolou built this bike. This clown Daddio is lying to all of you, and I hate a liar that takes credit for someone else's work and lies to everyone else saying he did, especially when this guy has never even laid eyes or hands on this bike.

Here's the proof from Motolou's own mouth over on ChopCult
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15880

WOW...I havn't been on here in a while and this is what I see. Explanation Daddio?!? (agreed fraud). Sad to see nothing was done about this earlier.

Lol, he had us all going tho gotta give him that. But why would you suspect someone would lie about that here on a forum board...whats to gain? I was just about to say the bike is pure genius (which it is)then i got to the end of the thred and was pissing myself laughing.

This is the greatest fraud since McDonalds 100% all beef patties :wtf: and we all fell for it hook line and sinker. He made a smuck of everyone, so i guess he did get the last laugh? :bike:

Anyway i thought i might share my latest build with you guys, this is what my xs250 looks like now (you know the one that had the knackered 2nd gear)

Intially i was going for a boardtracker feel but it ended up looking like a skeleton?? So i just ran with it. I fabbed up the scull using an old nescafe tin and gave it a good polish, came up trumps.

Attachments

• skeleton-bike-05.jpg
    skeleton-bike-05.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 360
  • skeleton-bike-04.jpg
    skeleton-bike-04.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 366
  • skeleton-bike-02.jpg
    skeleton-bike-02.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 361
  • skeleton-bike-01.jpg
    skeleton-bike-01.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 367
  • skeleton-bike-03.jpg
    skeleton-bike-03.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
WOW...I havn't been on here in a while and this is what I see. Explanation Daddio?!? (agreed fraud). Sad to see nothing was done about this earlier.
Here's the words from Lou's own fingers:

Hi, my name is Louis Soto (motorlou on the board) and i wanted to ask you to please correct a situation that is occuring on the xs400.com board. the situation at hand involves another member (Daddio) taking credit for building a bike that he never even layed a hand on. the topic is called "Another New Guy and Simplex/Boardtrack Project". I started dreaming about and building the bike long before James (Daddio) even came into the picture. he ran into me last year when he tried buying another bike i made but wasn't able to come up with the funds. at the time, i told him that i had another one in the works if he would be interested. we struck up a deal moneywise and i told him that i was going to be building the bike the way i envisioned it. i would however give him the freedom to choose the color he would like to see it in and minor details to his liking. anyhow, i don't mean to sound like a crybaby but i put alot of man hours into these bikes take alot of pride in my work. i do not appreciate people taking credit for my craftsmanship or using my personal pics of the build to showcase their supposed skills. i have attached links to my photobucket account of this project and other projects so you can see that all the action happens in my garage with my talent and not daddio's. i have also attached a link to 2 other forums where i posted my work on this project. i am asking you to please delete the topic as it is based on fictitious information provided by daddio and i consider it a slap in the face so to speak. if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at this email. thanks you for your time and consideration.
Lou (motorlou)

chopcult link

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11883&highlight=xs400+boardtracker

the horse backstreet choppers forum link

http://www.network54.com/Forum/13357/

photobucket links

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v307/motolou/xs400/

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v307/motolou/lous gs750/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v307/motolou/honda rebel/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v307/motolou/honda rebel X2/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v307/motolou/lous ironhead x2/

Last edited:
Anyway i thought i might share my latest build with you guys, this is what my xs250 looks like now (you know the one that had the knackered 2nd gear)

Intially i was going for a boardtracker feel but it ended up looking like a skeleton?? So i just ran with it. I fabbed up the scull using an old nescafe tin and gave it a good polish, came up trumps.

that's great, can't wait to see it finished :D

You know you bought that from PJD

:laugh:

Actually, since you posted pics of it, I always wondered where the hell the gas tank was on that thing

This is the unfortunate result of two guys who got in an argument two nights ago. I met Lou through a GS750 he built and did a great job bringing out the vintage feel that I like.
We spoke several times about that bike and others he had built. We started talking about the next project bike for Lou. We were very similar in our vision. We both were after the board tracker look and were discussing other old bikes. Lou asked if I knew of Servi Cycle, I didn’t so I researched it and liked some of the aspects of the bike. I went to see him and discussed the design. It was a kind of give and take kind of affair and a rough design was made. We discussed engines as Lou had several, and the XS400 was chosen due to its light weight, appearance, power and sound for this project.
That is when I joined XS400 to learn more about the motor. Shortly, after I started the thread and told Lou about the site.
I was going out almost every day, helping with the project, but Lou was working on it full time and I was only part time as I have a day job as well. Lou was making fast work of the bike and I was not able to keep up at times. I took things home and worked on them there to help and kept coming up on revisions. I missed a few things like curving the backbone to match the tanks, as Lou was going forward as he should.
We had long discussions about the electrical box design, front brakes, bars and color. I won on the brakes; Lou didn’t want to run a front brake, after prodding he came up with the great design for the front end. I asked him if I could post his video, he was cool with it. I also won on the color and pinstriping and Lou won on the electrical box (which is awesome) and bars.
I spoke to Lou about his business plan and my desire to help him grow “Loubuilt.” Lou was excited about it. Two days later we were having lunch and he said he liked his business the way it was and did not want to grow it. I listened to the frustrations he had with his previous cement block business and that he was looking for a simpler life. I told him he was lucky to know what he wanted.
During this time I shattered my wrist, this really slowed me down and Lou was moving full steam ahead on the bike
As the bike was being sprayed and final assembly Lou told me he was leaving for three or four weeks to South America. So we brought the bike to my home for the baffles, front brake issues, assembly with locktite and color sanding. I also paid him in full for the job so he could be prepared for his trip and support his family. I also told him he could have the bike for any show he wanted if he wanted to use it for marketing.
When he got back, I took the bike back to his shop as I could not figure out the front brake as it acted like it had a leak but Lou figured out it was improperly lined up with the rotor and re-shimmed it.
The last thing outstanding was the carbs. They needed jetting so Lou picked up some jets, borrowed some jets and put it together.
After a ride and a few starts in the garage it did not want to start and the plugs were fouled from being so rich. I called Lou on it and he said that is the way old bikes are. I said not if you jet them right and set the bowls it should be nice and brown. Maybe we were both tired at the end of the day, maybe the stress of the holidays. But the conversation did not end well. I told him I would take care of the carbs and not to worry.
We still have unfinished business with a kicker revtech transmission and a custom frame that he thought he could help move.

This is the unfortunate result of two guys who got in an argument two nights ago. I met Lou through a GS750 he built and did a great job bringing out the vintage feel that I like.
We spoke several times about that bike and others he had built. We started talking about the next project bike for Lou. We were very similar in our vision. We both were after the board tracker look and were discussing other old bikes. Lou asked if I knew of Servi Cycle, I didn’t so I researched it and liked some of the aspects of the bike. I went to see him and discussed the design. It was a kind of give and take kind of affair and a rough design was made. We discussed engines as Lou had several, and the XS400 was chosen due to its light weight, appearance, power and sound for this project.
That is when I joined XS400 to learn more about the motor. Shortly, after I started the thread and told Lou about the site.
I was going out almost every day, helping with the project, but Lou was working on it full time and I was only part time as I have a day job as well. Lou was making fast work of the bike and I was not able to keep up at times. I took things home and worked on them there to help and kept coming up on revisions. I missed a few things like curving the backbone to match the tanks, as Lou was going forward as he should.
We had long discussions about the electrical box design, front brakes, bars and color. I won on the brakes; Lou didn’t want to run a front brake, after prodding he came up with the great design for the front end. I asked him if I could post his video, he was cool with it. I also won on the color and pinstriping and Lou won on the electrical box (which is awesome) and bars.
I spoke to Lou about his business plan and my desire to help him grow “Loubuilt.” Lou was excited about it. Two days later we were having lunch and he said he liked his business the way it was and did not want to grow it. I listened to the frustrations he had with his previous cement block business and that he was looking for a simpler life. I told him he was lucky to know what he wanted.
During this time I shattered my wrist, this really slowed me down and Lou was moving full steam ahead on the bike
As the bike was being sprayed and final assembly Lou told me he was leaving for three or four weeks to South America. So we brought the bike to my home for the baffles, front brake issues, assembly with locktite and color sanding. I also paid him in full for the job so he could be prepared for his trip and support his family. I also told him he could have the bike for any show he wanted if he wanted to use it for marketing.
When he got back, I took the bike back to his shop as I could not figure out the front brake as it acted like it had a leak but Lou figured out it was improperly lined up with the rotor and re-shimmed it.
The last thing outstanding was the carbs. They needed jetting so Lou picked up some jets, borrowed some jets and put it together.
After a ride and a few starts in the garage it did not want to start and the plugs were fouled from being so rich. I called Lou on it and he said that is the way old bikes are. I said not if you jet them right and set the bowls it should be nice and brown. Maybe we were both tired at the end of the day, maybe the stress of the holidays. But the conversation did not end well. I told him I would take care of the carbs and not to worry.
We still have unfinished business with a kicker revtech transmission and a custom frame that he thought he could help move.

Here's Lou's response after people on ChopCult reading your reply, because you never did any work on the bike. Funny enough, all your posts are made 1 day after his posts on ChopCult. Exactly enough time for you to copy and paste the pics as your own here.

i just read the post myself. this guy outta run for fuckin president. talk about downplay and help the poor! ha. anyhow, needless to say the guy took a spin on the bike the when he picked it up for the first time and showed up an hour later with the bike on the back of a trailer. mysteriously it shut down on him and he swore up and down it was "electrical" problems. when i checked into it.......the bike didn't have any gas!!! i put some in it and i'll be damned if it didn't start on the second kick: that there is skill

pretty sure Daddio gave credit to Lou from day one... read through the pages:thumbsup:

I did, the thing is, Daddio has no room to take any credit for any of the work, since he didn't do a single thing on the bike. Reading the thread makes it sound like he actually did something on the bike. No, he made a deal with Lou and cut a check, he never did any of the design or work on the bike. This guy James is a plagiarizing clown. Just because you bought a bike, doesn't mean you built it, or even designed it. To me you're worse than a thief James, because you're a liar and a thief. You lie saying you even turned one nut on the build of this bike, and steal the credit of the build from Lou, who is well known for his builds and does this to try and make an income.

By the way Daddio, your Dogbite story is bullshit too. The guy wouldn't have been a repo man, considering he would have been a felon for running drugs, and as Lou has already said, you showed back up at his house with the bike on the back of a trailer after running out of gas. How do you go so far as to believe your own bullshit?

There is no unfortunate falling out. Here's the brass tax of this situation, you're a customer that bought a bike that was built by a well known builder (MotorLou) on ChopCult, and tried to pass it off here as something you built because you knew Lou wasn't on this site, and someone blew the whistle on you about this because Lou had no idea you were posting pics he took in his garage of this build that he did, so finally someone came here to set your straight and called you out on your bullshit,m and you still continue to lie, not realizing there are a few members from ChopCult on here also, and many over there are watching this thread. You're probably the kind of dumb ass that would go buy a stock '48 from the Harley dealership, strip the emblems off and claim you built the bike from scratch. You're a clown, and the sad thing is, anyone sticking up for you is apparently gullible and condones stealing credit for someone else's hard work and imagination.

I kinda figured Lou did most of the work and over all design. Bike looks like a car with all the art deco 1930s influence. Wont lie, I feel like Lou probly mexican-ish? Bike has some soul going on like a cholo built it. Cool stuff going on there regardless. Hope you guys work it out.

I kinda figured Lou did most of the work and over all design. Bike looks like a car with all the art deco 1930s influence. Wont lie, I feel like Lou probly mexican-ish? Bike has some soul going on like a cholo built it. Cool stuff going on there regardless. Hope you guys work it out.

Actually, Lou did all of the work and design. James didn't do anything but cut a check. I don't know what being Mexican or cholo has to do with the bike build, and actually, I don't get what you are talking about. Lou set out to build a Servi Cycle Sinmplex inspired build, and he did just that, with great execution. Here's what an actual Servi Cycle Simplex looks like
1956_simplex.jpg

And here's Lou's finished build that James bought

DSCF3345.jpg

So, I don't get what you are insinuating by asking if Lou is Mexican and has soul like a cholo built it.:wtf:

No Offense intended Hooligan sorry if I came off dissrespectful.I am Mexican- full blooded -Mom and Dad both Mexican. 2nd generation American. I meant no slight on this. The bike is beautiful and has lots of soul and passion built into it...is all I meant. Congrats to Lou, what he is doing is beautiful and unique. I knew some old cholos and know the lifestyle. The passion they have for their cars and taking old classics and restoring them is something special. Now days its mainstream but it wasnt always. Lou's eye for style is in this same spirit. Passion,soul, style....its all I meant. Hope you accept my apology for any dissrespect, non was intended.

Haha, I'm a white boy married to a Mexican, so it's cool man. You would have loved some of the rides I've had then.

Back