anyone use or find rubber boot (shoe) for bottom of kickstand???

stephen2us

XS400 Member
Reaction score
After noticing my garage floor gettings scratched up, I was wondering if anyone has found or used some sort of rubber boot or shoe on the kickstand? I've been using a board in the garage as much as possible, but it's just not that handy or convenient sometimes.

Thanks
Steve

Last edited:
Try a kickstand plate.

Attachments

• ABS_MOTO_KICK_PADS.jpg
    ABS_MOTO_KICK_PADS.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 278
Yeah, I'm familiar with those and have one.. i was just seeing if anyone had something that stayed attached to the kickstand just for ease of use.... thanks again for the reply...

Check ebay for clamp on types but they will be universal fitment; never tried one myself; couldn't say if they'll work. I just leave a plate in my pocket so I don't sink in to pavement. Never seen anyone use a permanent affixed one in real life before on any bike, let alone an xs400.

I would think that a cruedly built form and some plasti-dip might be a cheap and effective solution
Good idea - or a coating of this stuff, let dry for at least 24 hrs.
You might have to freshen up the bottom every few months.

Attachments

• Goop.jpg
    Goop.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 221
On my 75 XS650 I put a side stand off an 82 Seca. With it straighten up so it held the bike up it still had a small foot area. It still sank into the yard where I park.I set a 3/4 washer under the stand on one of the concrete stepping stones in the yard. I tacked it in place then took the stand off to weld it on solid. This keeps the stand sinking into dirt or soft pavement.
On the other bikes I have cut pieces out of alloy out that just fit into my back pocket. Easy to carry and use.
If you don't use a kick plate because it's inconvenient, then you may just have to live with the scratches.
Leo

Go to a dollar store and buy a cheap plastic cut using board. One that is 1/4" thick would be more than enough. Some creativity and 30 minutes should have this scratching issue permanently resolved.

Just an update--cut a piece out of a rubber mat, and used Jb Weld 2 part epoxy on it--applied it to bottom of kickstand. It's over a month, and it ain't going anywhere. Now when I don't want to park on mat, etc, I don't have to worry about scuffying up paint on the floor, etc...

Thanks all!
Steve

Back