Aussie XS400 Bratty Tracker Build

Hey Josha, good to hear from you mate! Yeah, that tank is perfect for the style youre going for. I do have a spare swingarm but I'm going to hang onto it, just so I have the option of putting the rear disc back on if I change direction down the track. Try Bruce out at Yamwreck in Ashburton, otherwise eBay USA might be yr only option.

Don't suppose u have a spare left footpeg??

Hi Guys, I received my custom yoke today! I had this made so that I would retain a decent amount of steering lock, as the CB175 tank inhibited the turning circle of the standard yoke. And for the fact that this is going to look schmick.... My speedo and tacho will fit nicely into the scalloped spaces at the front, and there are holes through the middle of the bar clamps for my internal switch wires. Ill be fitting this tomorrow, watch this space!
DSC07315.jpg
DSC07335.jpg

Hi Guys, I received my custom yoke today! I had this made so that I would retain a decent amount of steering lock, as the CB175 tank inhibited the turning circle of the standard yoke. And for the fact that this is going to look schmick.... My speedo and tacho will fit nicely into the scalloped spaces at the front, and there are holes through the middle of the bar clamps for my internal switch wires. Ill be fitting this tomorrow, watch this space!
View attachment 8281
View attachment 8282

Man, that looks bloody great. :thumbsup: How much did that set you back? Are you going with stock speedo & tacho?

Posted via Mobile

Thanks guys. Dont ask how much it cost.....considering my girlfriend keeps asking for a new kitchen while I continue to find other "more worthwhile" expenses....

Ill be using a mini speedo and tacho similar to whats on MikesXS which fit neatly into the front of the yoke.

I didnt get around to fitting the yoke last weekend, hope to have it done by the end of this week. Also finishing off the remote master cylinder, sealing the CB tank and installing new fuel taps and lines amongst other things. The next photos are going to show a bike with a mid September completion deadline. Not far way, better get a move on. Exciting times ahead!

oh yes, she fits like a glove!:thumbsup:

This custom yoke allows full steering lock without hitting the Honda CB175 tank. It also provides custom mounting of the clocks and internal handlebar wiring of the handlebar switches.

yoke1.jpg
yoke2.jpg
yoke3.jpg

Hi guys, here is a quick update of my build.

What was once going to be a cafe racer, then a tracker, is now evolving into a 70's Californian dune buggy inspired, summer beach cruising, good times Aussie Beach Racer. The name is still yet to evolve, but you get my general drift...

Im really pleased with the Triumph Hurricane bars, they give the bike a big, wide stand and an awesome riding position.

The gum grips are by Posh and complete the retro 70’s look.

I really wanted a nice clean look on the handlebars, so the master cylinder is cabled operated and located under the tank on a custom one off bracket welded to the frame.

To further reduce the handlebar clutter I am installing micro switch housings that will have the wires running internally through the handlebars (if anyone is interested in these switch housings I had a few made that are available for purchase, PM me for details)

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

switch2.jpg

switch1optimised.jpg

Next on the agenda is a rear loop. Im getting something along the lines of the following sketch fabricated that will simply sleeve onto the existing frame. Im also getting a few of these made if anyone is interested.

Then the seat pan and a banana style, roll tucked seat. And a complete rewire.

rear loop.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

Great! Love the handlebars! Would you share the dimensions of your posh style switch housings so that I could find someone to make me a pair locally because shipping from Australia would cost twice their price i guess?

Back