Axle size...

hardtailed77

Never Finished
Reaction score
Quick question. What size are our axle slots? I'm picking up the hardtail kit from Travis and he has 17MM and 20MM sized slots.

17MM, correct? Also, we don't have a funky set-up and have two different size slots do we?

Quick question. What size are our axle slots? I'm picking up the hardtail kit from Travis and he has 17MM and 20MM sized slots.

17MM, correct? Also, we don't have a funky set-up and have two different size slots do we?

I think you are right HT77 its 17mm (20mm for XS650). Both sides are the same size on my bike.

Are we going to have the first documented guide on how to fit a universal hardtail then...?

Be a good way to start off a technical section of the forum :thumbsup:

I think you are right HT77 its 17mm (20mm for XS650). Both sides are the same size on my bike.

Are we going to have the first documented guide on how to fit a universal hardtail then...?

Be a good way to start off a technical section of the forum :thumbsup:
Yeah, I'm planning on taking LOTS of pics during the process.

The only difference between my build and others will be the axle slot size. I went out and measured mine a little bit ago while I was PMing with Travis, and I'm gonna be using the 20MM slots. My wheels are from an entire different bike (not even sure which make or model though, I just bought them at a swap meet), and my axle measured in at 25/32" which should roughly be 19.8xxx MM.

My bike is already hardtailed, so instead of cutting the stock frame, I will be cutting off the old hardtail. The rest of the process should be the same as any other XS400.

STAY TUNED!!!!!

Back