Battery not charging

Erik K

XS400 Member
Reaction score
So I’ve posted earlier on the forum questioning my redone wiring harness and the issues I was having with it not charging at all. All of the components in my system are stock but just simplified. Now I am questioning if I am having charging issues due to the fact that I am using an Anti Gravity lithium battery. If all of my electrical is still stock would this cause the issue by having a lithium battery. I’m really lost with this electrical gremlin and anything would be greatly appreciated.

Why don't you take a charged battery and your booster cables and jumper it to your bike with the cables removed from the lithium battery. That would answer your question if it's the lithium battery at fault.
You could run booster cables from your vehicle to the bike for that matter, leave the vehicle shut off, start the bike and see what the charging system is doing.

Alright I will have to try that tommorow when I get the chance. I guess my question was if the lithium battery would have any effect on the stock regulator and rectifier.

Back