Bloody funny motorcycle for sale ad

$4,000.00 ? Is the Australian dollar now at par with the French Franc?

Actually the Aussie dollar just slumped to parity with the US dollar.Living in Sydney is really expensive, rent is about $500 for 1 bedroom apartments A few of my friends have moved to NewYork or LA because of the cheap living costs.

Second hand motorcycles in my state are really expensive. SR400s usually sell for $7,000-$12,000 which is amazing as they are bought in bulk in Japan for $800 each then shipped here and easily complied and sold for a tidy profit.

My neighbour just paid Deus $8,000 for a stock '79 sr400.

Preserving it for posterity:
Your life could finally be complete: Yamaha SR400 Street Tracker Custom
The bike Jesus would ride, if he was a badass.

Condition:
Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
For sale by: Private seller
Date of 1st Registration: 01/01/2009 Manufacturer: Yamaha
Registration Number: QJD96 Model: SR400
Gears: Four-speed manual Kilometres: 56,000
Start Type: Kick start Engine Capacity (cc): 400
Drive Type: Chain Type: Street Tracker
Number of Previous Owners: 1 Colour: Black
Customised Features: Bodywork, Fairing, Mirrors Date of Manufacture: 01/1984

When they weren't making the finest Samurai swords known to man, japanese engineers developed this two wheeled beast of loud, throbbing, maximum awesome.

Before we go any further, there's a few things you need to know:

- Looking at this bike without appropriate eye-protection is why Stevie Wonder now always wears sunglasses.
- Prince's song, 'When Doves Cry' was inspired by hearing the exhaust system.
- Since I have had this bike, everyone I sit near at work, has gotten pregnant. Even Justin!
- It runs on two fuel types, gasoline and unicorn tears.
- It has just beaten the Nasi Goreng at the Bounty bar in Kuta to the title of Official 8th wonder of the modern world.
- This bike has only one step between it and Kevin Bacon.
- The previous owner unfortunately died...of high-fiveing!

Although the bike was cooler than Zeus's beard before I got my hands on it, I have made a few modifications that have now made it more deadly than a Funnelweb trained in Ninjitsu. Specifically:
- New tank, black as the heart of Satan.
- New exhaust, with pipe wrapping. Same wraps that were on Rocky's hands when he beat Ivan Drago.
- New handlebars (Ventura) & grips. You may think you are holding onto them, but the reality is that they hold onto you.
- New mirrors. They were on Marty McFly's Delorean and actually see into the past.
- New seat. There is room for two, even though whoever rides this bike is a one man wolf-pack.
- Whitewall tires (Beck) front and rear. Even Miss Whiplash admitted she hadn't seen sexier rubber in her whole life.

The bike is in Marrickville, and I am around most weekends if you would like to see it. But please bring eye protection.

Sorry I googled it and saw that it is a thumper. Not sure why that makes it so valuable...
Over here, it's easily worth 4,000 - 4,000 French francs. I had a Yamaha sr before my xs400, but a 250 cc. It was a very nice bike for what it was. Bought it for $900 and sold it for $850 after a year.
I might pay 4,500 French francs for that sr400 though, mostly for the whitewalls :wink2:

Living in Sydney is really expensive, rent is about $500 for 1 bedroom apartments A few of my friends have moved to NewYork or LA because of the cheap living costs.

You think that's bad? In Victoria (BC) you can only get a place for $500 if it's a) gov't subsidized housing or b) belongs to a family member that doesn't want you to pay out the butt to live on your own somewhere else in Victoria.

Vancouver is about 1200/month for anything and we're on par with the US... that's all my brother could find at least

/rant

That add was awesome! Once saw an ad for a bicycle tire that was apparently a time travel device :D

You think that's bad? In Victoria (BC) you can only get a place for $500 if it's a) gov't subsidized housing or b) belongs to a family member that doesn't want you to pay out the butt to live on your own somewhere else in Victoria.

Vancouver is about 1200/month for anything and we're on par with the US... that's all my brother could find at least

/rant

That add was awesome! Once saw an ad for a bicycle tire that was apparently a time travel device :D

Hey Liam, that is $500 per week so $2,000 per month. Friends of mine are paying $1,600 per week for a 3 bedroom townhouse. That's over $80,000 per year rent! :yikes:
Average mortgage is about 60% of your salary. If my family didn't live here I would be outta here.

Rant over.,:)

Posted via Mobile

thsts the funniest thing an australian has said since.
you can't say cunt in Canada cos cunts considered pretty fucking damned rude

Gosh darned right that is rude! Why, if you's were here right about now, the back side of my left mitt and yer flappin' gums would be a meetin'! Don'cha know, eh?!

FYYFFF!

:)

More Aussie creative writing. This is a real newspaper classifieds ad. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• bike ad.jpg
    bike ad.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 308
Back