Café from the heart of Europe (intro & build)

Thread-jacking again but just got wondering whats the difference between USD and Euro fork of the RS125?
There are no differences...there are no US or EU versions... USD - upside down (inverted forks)

Scorp: same reason here...to match the clutch side... really bad idea

I am leaving for vacations on Wednesday with my gf - almost two weeks in Greece, away from my bikes:( I will have to rent at least some scooter there:D The worst thing is, it costs so much, I could buy all remaining parts from my list:cussing::laugh::D

I am back in process...

Attachments

• carbs01.jpg
    carbs01.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 485
  • carbs02.jpg
    carbs02.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 466
Another cowl modelling...I really hate this procedure. I'll have to buy or make some home polystyrene cutter. Anyway I'm decided to pay for custom made ALU cowl. I'll also make some battery box and move it under the swingarm due to the weight balance and cowl size.

New headlamp and POD filters are on the way to daddy. I assume these pods will have inner lip.:doh: Does anyone know the source of good PODs (without the lip) in EU? I don't wanna red K&Ns. Also black/grey crankcase filter would be great.

Attachments

• cowl.jpg
    cowl.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 574
present from Germany...old russian helmet. Looks awesome!:D Needs some new padding and new paint of course...

Attachments

• IMG-20130915-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20130915-WA0006.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 347
new PODs:banghead:, 7" full metal headlamp, oil temperature gauge...
I also made a hot wire foam cutter...works great but I have no pics

Attachments

• POD_lip_01.jpg
    POD_lip_01.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 442
  • POD_lip_02.jpg
    POD_lip_02.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 462
  • headlamp.jpg
    headlamp.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 406
  • 1_yam.jpg
    1_yam.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 386
  • oil_temp_gauge.jpg
    oil_temp_gauge.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 452
You can use the stock H-pipe with those pods that way you can hook up the breather hose. It will work just fine.

I have the same pod filters and tried them directly on my carbs,no good there was blockage from the lip.Another thing is theres no foam to protect dirt from getting in the carbs.I cut of the 1st inch off the rubber hpipe then mounted them on after using some more foam inside.They work ok for now.But upgrading to something better is on my todo list.

I run the cheap pods with lips. no issues whatsoever. Just don't push them to the very end when tightening to carbs.

Back