Chop Source - Frame Jig Kits and Neck Centering Cones

Travis

Forum Staff
Staff member
Reaction score
Update: 1/25/15

The Chop Source website is finally up! Check it out!

http://www.chopsource.com

All orders should be placed through the website, but feel free to contact me at sales@chopsource.com with any questions.

:bike:

Hey guys, the frame jig kits are ready! The entire kit bolts together so you can break it down and store it easily when you aren't using it. No welding required except when adding leveling feet (see below). The neck will accommodate rakes from 15 degrees to 60 degrees. You need to supply about 17.5' of 2"x3" rectangle tube (1/8" wall) for the main part of the jig. The kit is designed to work with 2"x2" square tube as well. You also need 40" of tube for the feet. Structural tube can be found at local metal supply shops or at welding/fabricating shops.

This is the standard kit:
frame_jig_kit_full.jpg

The basic kit now comes with everything in the picture below plus a pair to neck centering cones:
frame_jig_kit_basic.jpg

neck_centering_cones.jpg

The front motor mounts on the lower rails of the frame attach to this fixture. The spacer material provided is long enough to work with many different frames. You'll need to cut down the spacer to size. This now comes with a 6" spacer and 3" of spacer material to make two small spacers as needed. This is called the Internal Center Fixture. You won't need the two "donut" spacers in the picture for an XS400 frame.
center_fixture_internal.jpg

The fixture that holds the axle plates has three sizes of holes, 1", 3/4", and 5/8". This is 3/4" threaded rod and spacers to use with axle plates that have 3/4" or 20mm slots. The spacers need to be cut to length. I also have these in 5/8" for axle plates with 17mm slots and 1" for 25mm and 1" axle plates.
three_quarter_inch_axle_plate_holder.jpg

Add feet to level your frame jig. This requires drilling six 1/2" holes and welding the nuts to the tube.
frame_jig_feet.jpg

The standard frame jig kit weighs just about 40lbs and can ship for $21.50 within the U.S. in a large flat-rate box with insurance. It contains everything above except the External Center Fixture.

To order, go to http://www.chopsource.com

Here's an XS650 frame in the full kit after the various spacers have been cut to size:
frame_jig_kit_xs650_01.jpg

Swing arm removed and Chop Source axle plates (style C with spacer plates) mounted:
frame_jig_kit_xs650_02.jpg

Axle plate fixture with four 3" spacers cut to hold the axle plates 8.5" apart (xs650 spacing)
axle_plate_fixture.jpg

Depending on what you're doing to your frame, you will need to fabricate more fixtures to hold and brace everything. This frame jig is just the basic platform for you to build off of.

:bike:

UPDATE:

I now have all of the brackets to make this rotisserie stand :)

The rotisserie brackets adjust up and down so you can balance the setup and it locks in 16 positions.

frame_jig_rotisserie_01.jpg

frame_jig_rotisserie_02.jpg

frame_jig_rotisserie_03.jpg

UPDATE:

I have assembly instructions available with drawings like this. They are higher quality in the instructions.

UPDATE:

3/25/14: This thread is almost two years old and I frequently get asked if I'm still selling these. The answer is YES! To order, visit http://www.chopsource.com

UPDATE:

Now you can upgrade to Stainless steel cones for an additional $18

2" o.d. - 3/4" bore.

neck_centering_cones_cs.jpg

UPDATE:

Now offering digital angle cubes. Digital angle finders/cubes are very helpful in leveling your frame jig base and uprights as well as determining the angle of each tube of the frame. They're an essential tool for building and modifying motorcycle frames and have many uses around the shop.

iGaging AngleCube® - Digital Angle Gauge
• 3-Side Magnets, 4-Side Measuring
• Digital Level & Bevel Gauge 2-in-1
• Heavy duty aluminum alloy body (2.17” x 2.17” x 1.2”)
• Tracing absolute level
• Measuring relative bevel
• Strong magnets on the bottom and 2 sides
• Large clear LCD display, reversible reading
• Designed and Engineered in California
• Measuring: 4 X 90° - Repeatability: 0.1°
• Resolution: 0.05° - Accuracy: ± 0.2°
• Battery: standard 9V included

Currently $27.50

UPDATE:

Hey everyone! Here's the new(ish) adjustable width fixture. It's $50 and available separately or as an option instead of the internal center fixture in the standard kit.

frame_jig_adjustable_width_fixture.jpg

frame_jig_adjustable_width_fixture_02.jpg

See more pictures and details: http://www.chopsource.com/frame-jig-adjustable-width-fixture.html

When you configure a Standard Frame Jig, you now an option for heavy duty swivel leveling mounts (feet) for an extra $34. Each mount is zinc plated with a 3" stud, jam nut, and non-skid pad. They swivel 15 degrees in all directions. Made in the USA. Check them out! http://www.chopsource.com/frame-jig-swivel-leveling-feet.html

For you guys who already have a jig, you can buy just the feet without the clamps. Be sure to see the note about nut sizes. http://www.chopsource.com/swivel-leveling-mounts-feet.html

UPDATE:

When you configure a Standard Frame Jig, you now an option for heavy duty swivel leveling mounts (feet) for an extra $34. Each mount is zinc plated with a 3" stud, jam nut, and non-skid pad. They swivel 15 degrees in all directions. Made in the USA. Check them out! http://www.chopsource.com/frame-jig-swivel-leveling-feet.html

For you guys who already have a jig, you can buy just the feet without the clamps. Be sure to see the note about nut sizes. http://www.chopsource.com/swivel-leveling-mounts-feet.html

UPDATE 4/18/17:

All of our frame jig fixture plates are now black powder coated for the same great price. We have some new product photos to better show the frame jig bundle options as well. If you haven't been to our website in a while, check it out: www.chopsource.com

Frame Jig Rotisserie

motorcycle_frame_jig_rotisserie_stand.gif

Last edited:
man, if my buddy ends up gettin this shop deal, ill be building bikes outta there. (hopefully quicker than mine). so i will for sure keep this in mind. very well thought out and looks beefy enough. i may have missed it, but how thick are the plates?

The plates are all 1/4" thick. Everything in the top picture weighs just about 40lbs, so you're getting a lot of steel. Let me know if you want a kit. :thumbsup:

been waiting for this. will be purchasing soon for my RM250 chop.. among others.

Hey travis! I picked up the tubing last night, got a good deal from a Mennonite machine shop, $3.44 a foot. I am going to "assemble" it for some pics today (gonna try, family is in for the holiday). I have to get a few small pieces of tubing because I am going to do it on a rotisserie.

That's a great deal on the tube. I'm actually working on a rotisserie set up for the frame jig kits. I should have the prototype brackets in about a week.

527123_429462430409044_141508414_n.jpg

Here she is in all her glory! I welded the neck jig tubing solid so now i have an extra set of the "clamps" to build an adjustable fixture to hold the bottom frame rails. It i s98% done in this pic, i have to reweld some of the stuff relating to the pivot points. I can get more detailed pics this week when i get back into town.

Looks good Aaron, nice placement of the solid front jig, it'll swing down on the rotisserie right next to the leg when you're not using it ;)
Heck, clamp a benchtop to it when not using the fixture... dual purpose!

Last edited:
Looks good! You'll be able to do some reeeeallly long frames on that one. Flip the axle fixture around and you'll get about 5-1/2 extra inches of stretch.

These rotisserie plates and brackets are now available :)

The rotisserie brackets adjust up and down so you can balance the setup and it locks in 16 positions.

frame_jig_rotisserie_01.jpg

frame_jig_rotisserie_02.jpg

frame_jig_rotisserie_03.jpg

:) There were a couple of guys on the XS650 site who wanted to make their jigs rotate, so I thought I'd provide the brackets for that too.

hi newbie here all the way from scotland

travis was kind enough to make me up some jig parts and his work is great so helpful
thanks very much

will post photos once i get everything sorted to start my 400 build

al

Hey guys, I have everything in stock again for the frame jigs and rotisseries brackets. It looks like Allan will be the first of the XS400 guys to have one of these rotisserie setups. :thumbsup:

Back