Cornhole?

hardtailed77

Never Finished
Reaction score
So does anyone on here play cornhole? I am about to embark on building my very first set of custom boards, and would love to see photos of other boards. I am building a set for a friend who is a huge Philly Eagles fan. They will have paint, decals, and stain. I hope they turn out good, as it's a gift. Let's see some of your boards!!

hahaha...I had to google it Drewpy!!
I've played it before...didnt know thats what it was called...we usually take those types of games with us when the entire family goes camping.

I have a set of boards. We just call the game "bags". I think the real name is bean-bag toss or something like that. I'd take a pic of the boards for you but they're up in the corner of the attic for the winter. They are an American flag design so it's pretty easy to imagine what they look like!

Drewpy - Sorry about the confusion. lol It's a bean-bag-toss game like Travis mentioned. It's a blast!

Skillman1 - We usually take it camping too. The local bars almost always have it going outside in the summer as well.

Travis - Those boards sound awesome. I would love to see a picture when Spring comes around. I am thinking about selling a few sets here and there if these turn out alright. Yeah, I wasn't sure what to call it so that people would understand what I was talking about. I have heard it called "cornhole", "baggo", "bags", "bean-bag-toss", along with a few other names. lol The game is so addictive, that I actually have two sets. Neither set was made by me though. One set is a San Diego Chargers set that have the Chargers "lightning bolts" on the bags. The other is a set of plastic boards that I picked up from Wal-Mart. They are "Baggo" brand, and are smaller in size than most boards to be more portable.

Yeah, we play them when we have people over on the weekends in the spring and early summer when it still gets cold enough at night to want to have a bon fire. Grill in the afternoon when it's nice out, play some bags til dark, then sit by the fire... all while drinking of course! We also play "ladder golf". Probably more so than the bags actually. Those games are also both a big hit at my yearly family reunion. Good clean fun.

Alright guys, I figured I would give an update on the boards (seeing as they are keeping me from touching the XS). I just finished up most of the work tonight. I have to go pick up my decals from the post office in the morning, then have to apply those and put down another 3-4 coats of poly acrylic on each. I should have them finished by tomorrow night. I will definitely snap a few pictures, so you guys can give me some feedback.

Well I guess I am an idiot.....totally skipped my mind that today is Sunday....don't think I will picking up anything from the post office on a Sunday! lol Guess I will be trying to finish them up on Monday.

Got them finished up fellas!!! Personally, I think they turned out great. I have pictures, but will have to wait until later tonight or early tomorrow morning to post them because I'm running late for dinner.

Alright guys....I didn't get a chance to load the pics before I left out for work, so I had my girl email them to me (it only took her 3 days!!! lol). Here is the first set of boards I have made. They were for a good friend for Christmas (even though I didn't get them finished until after New Years! haha). I had my mother sew the bags! Let me know what you think!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Eagles1.jpg
    Eagles1.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 364
  • Eagles2.jpg
    Eagles2.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 374
  • Eagles3.jpg
    Eagles3.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 371
good paint job, well done :thumbsup:
I wish I could take credit for painting.....The logos are all decals. lol I stained them with 2 coats, then applied 2 coats of poly acrylic followed by a light sanding with 800 grit wet/dry paper. The decals were applied, then followed with 3 more coats of poly acrylic, along with another light sanding with 1500 grit. They are SMOOTH!!!! Thanks for the nice comment though Drewpy!

I wish I could take credit for painting.....The logos are all decals. lol I stained them with 2 coats, then applied 2 coats of poly acrylic followed by a light sanding with 800 grit wet/dry paper. The decals were applied, then followed with 3 more coats of poly acrylic, along with another light sanding with 1500 grit. They are SMOOTH!!!! Thanks for the nice comment though Drewpy!

cheated eh? :laugh:

thats' some polish on there, is that nessesary for the game?

cheated eh? :laugh:

thats' some polish on there, is that nessesary for the game?
Yeah, I cheated....haha I picked the decals up on Ebay, and they were a little expensive....$40. The next set I make, I am just going to blow the image that I want to use up and have Fed-Ex (my girl works there, so it's CHEAP!!) print them out for me. Then I will just trace the blown up image out onto the boards and hand paint them.

The polish is there for the game, yes. Boards are supposed to have a certain amount of "slide". We played on them the night I gave them to my buddy, and the bags slide on the boards perfectly.

Back