Custom TACHO/SPEEDO guages?

I found a speedo on eBay designed for a Royal Enfield that I like and it lists the speedo cable thread as "M18/1.5"; does anyone know if that's compatible with our bikes? It looks very similar to other speedo cable mounts I've seen, but I don't want to order it and discover it's not going to work, obviously.

It needs to be the correct ratio in addition to the cable fitting on. No, I don't know if it will work, but just keep that in mind too.

Just put my speedo/tacho combo on :bike: These work well and were a good price, im happy with them so far.

Attachments

• DSC04676.jpg
    DSC04676.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 511
  • DSC04677.jpg
    DSC04677.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 514
  • DSC04684.jpg
    DSC04684.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 468
  • DSC04689.jpg
    DSC04689.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 443
cheers guys :) Yeah they just nice and simple, I didn't test the speedo with my gps to see how accurate is but I will when I get a chance.

This should be a straightforward question..what is the tacho ratio for the XS400 Special (1980)?
Having searched the forum there seems to be conflicting opinions. I've seen comments saying it's 1:5, while others suggest it's 1:4. Even the tacho manufacturers don't seem sure, they'll say anything to sell one. MikesXS site says his 1:5 tacho is suitable for the 400 and I guess he should know.
So I'm asking for a definitive, final answer please (I don't want to phone a friend or ask the audience, they usually get it wrong).

Another question..what happens if the wrong ratio tacho is fitted? If I fit a 1:4 to a 1:5 ratio engine I'm guessing the reading will be wrong but how wrong and does it matter?

Finally (honest)..if the answer turns out to be 1:5, can anyone here in the sunny UK tell me where I can buy a mini-tacho with a WHITE face, in the UK? I know I can get them from the US but add shipping & rip-off import tax and they get pricey.

There are a whole punch of wires in there, just take a peek at the wiring diagrams topic, it's all there, colored and whatnot:)

Just finished firing my Koso DB01, nice small all in 1 replacement.

IMG_20140113_170126.jpg
Can the original mileage be set on the odometer with this gauge?

So anyone wanna post piccies of theyre custom guages set up? Or of someone elses set up, preferably on a XS or other classic bike from similar era. Im looking for ideas :) Here's a set up from an xs600 i really like, actually i really like the whole bike a lot.
Where did you get the 2 to 1 pipes and how do you like then good looking bike man

Back