For Sale - For Sale: 1977 restored/custom 3yr restoration

Kdog

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am offering up for sale, my lil'bastard 1977 xs 400.

If you are wanting an xs, save yourself the time and money and buy one ready to ride…this bike is titled and insured in Sylva, NC.

I am asking $3000 and have tons of time, and new parts in it…I am sure I have over $4000 in it easliy….and many many hours of work….which is no problem.

However I have 3 bikes in my garage and I need to put one up for sale…..I am in no hurry to sale, and just offering it up….I should not need to explain anything to anyone here on this site about this model machine, it is a blast to ride and all around wonderful bike.

from my Craigslist listing:
The bike was kept in mostly original condition, only making improvements, the seat and seat pan are customized, paint on tank customized. Disc brakes all rebuilt, rear shocks new, front rebuilt, wheels painted, tires and tubes new, battery is new gel. Bike is a 6 speed, self canceling turns, center stand and regular kick stand, disc brakes front and rear, kick and electric start, wheels are black painted aluminum, it gets great MPG,
I also have a chrome luggage rack and a motor guard crash bar included also

I do not need to sell this bike, just seeing if any interest in it.

If you are interested email me. I am not shipping anywhere, don't need help selling and if your reply even smells of spam, in the trash it goes. . .

Could be taken farther in cafe, bobber, chopper direction. . ..
cl ad with pics.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mpo/4311549229.html

Attachments

• IMG_5591.jpg
    IMG_5591.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_5640a.jpg
    IMG_5640a.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_5574.jpg
    IMG_5574.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_5630.jpg
    IMG_5630.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 413
Fine looking bike! Let us know what kind of money you get for it. Random dude walking by offered my 2k for my bike about 3 weeks ago, and its NOT restored. Not only that but the seat is ripped up with foam showing etc. with patience I think you will find a buyer, good luck

Posted via Mobile

Hey thanks for the kind words, I have a lot in this bike than the 3000 I am asking…as you know the cost and time it takes to get any bike restored….It is running great and I don't care if it sells, but it is up for sale….otherwise it is fun to ride….thanks for your time..
kdog

Fine looking bike! Let us know what kind of money you get for it. Random dude walking by offered my 2k for my bike about 3 weeks ago, and its NOT restored. Not only that but the seat is ripped up with foam showing etc. with patience I think you will find a buyer, good luck

Posted via Mobile

Should have told him show me the money.

I would have if these bikes were more common in my area. The prices for these bikes are a Sellers choice. Lots if rich dot comers with hipster dreams and no mechanical silks. Plus I don't have another running bike right now. Plus I have a soft spot for thus bike. :bike:

Posted via Mobile

Around here when they do come up you can find a nice clean one for about $600-$700.

Back