Handlebar controls

chkm8

XS400 Student
Reaction score
Not having any luck finding new handlebar controls. I know mikesxs has them for the 650's, will those work?

I looked there, the only one I found was for $129 apiece! Not really looking to pay that much, that's why I was wondering if the 650 controls would fit. At least mikesxs has them for more than half that, plus they are NOS.

They look for all the world like they are identical, but to be safe, you could do a search for factory part numbers for the 650 controls and the 400 controls and see if they are the same.

Ok, so my manual lists the parts individually that make up the control. Does anyone have the part no. for the whole assembly?

Check out boats.net From their site you can access parts microfiches for all sorts of bikes. It's a great way to compare two bikes and their part numbers...

I'm pretty sure I've figured it out, just want to make sure. An '81 XS400 Special II is also an XS400SH, correct?

I have to figure that out since it's a different part number for those models. Something to do with the wiring harness I read somewhere.

Back