Heelp (new xs400 cafe build) benjies seat and tank

Gustafsidelmann

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
welcome Gustaf,

You need to up your skill set if you are stuck removing the original seat and tank!. I suggest you find a helpful friend to work with.
you will most probably need to do frame modifications, I cannot see the picture your posting but most aftermarket stuff needs modifying anyway.

Hello and Welcome :)
First thing to do is get yourself a HAYNES WORKSHOP MANUAL for your model/year......it's invaluable!!!!!
I can't see the first picture you posted,but as Drewpy says,hardly anything that,s not OEM will fit without some kind of modification!
The tank/seat combo you have posted may be a "bolt on" for the XS650,but not for your 400(if that's what you have)?
Start yourself of with some basic tools,ie: sockets,spaners,drill,grinder and see how you get on.:thumbsup:
Take your time,read the manual,ASK lots of questions and don't be afraid of it!!!:yikes:
DON'T go attacking your frame with a grinder,cut off the tail section,start cutting off tabs/brackets without a lot of careful thought as I did with my first frame.....brackets/tabs are Very hard to put back on unless you can weld(which I can now!),and I ended up pretty much trashing my first frame with to much enthusiasm and not enough thought!!:mad::banghead:
Good luck and post lots of pictures :wink2:

Welcome to the forum, and the adventures/challenges of being a XS400 builder.

Velkommen til forummet og de eventyr / udfordringer det vil give at ombygge en XS400 :)

Det ser ud til, at Benjiis cafe racer sæt ikke passer specielt godt på en XS400 - se det link Alex_D har lagt ovenfor. Det er vist ikke helt nemt at lave, og vil nok betyde, at motoren ikke kan tages af stellet. Men hold da op, hvor ser det kanon godt ud !!!

Back