Just a Newbie just looking for tips and tricks

Rob1888

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hey! I am fairly new to the forum and figured it was about time to introduce myself.

I have just started working on my xs400. I had an old set of Honda Civic rims sitting in my garage for years that a friend wanted so I traded them for his xs. I would love to give the bike a cafe or tacker look.

I am currently in the process of taking the entire thing apart to clean it up. I will be rebuilding the carbs and cleaning up the engine as best as I can. It looks like the bike has not been taken apart since it was manufactured. Are there any must do mods or anything that I should do while I have the engine taken apart?

I am planning on repainting the entire bike; frame, engine, the works. I have never done any painting so that could be an interesting experiment.

Any suggestions or ideas would be great. This is all fairly new territory for me so I expect to be using the form a lot in the near future.

Hey Tobie thanks for the links I know I will be using them.

The more I explore this site and take my bike apart the more I realize I don't actually know. Haha I guess it is about time I do some learning.

Just like cutting wood, measure 2wice, and cut once. take your time, go though the manual,(first link) Look for collaborating suggestions. (Youtube, other xs400 sites)

Back