MODS HELP:hack attempt

Yeah they've been busy lately trying to get into user accounts. As long as your password is decent, the software is doing it's job by blocking them after 5 unsuccessful attempts. The only option I can think of would be to add an image verification to log in, but everyone hates those so I don't intend on doing that. I think with only 5 attempts, trying to get into someone's account using brute force techniques is only going to work if someone has a bad password like 1234 or 'password'. Even then all they'll do is post spam and I'll delete it and change the users password.

Well I guess should have been more worried. A spammer got into Oldskoolcarb's account and sent 35 spam Private Messages. Thankfully someone reported it right away so I was able to clean it up. If anyone got something weird from him that was why.

Must be those same people that have been posting ads from china on here.

I got a private message that was spam. I read it in my email. But once I logged onto the site, it shows that I have a new message notification but there is nothing in my inbox. WTF?:shrug:

rugbywarrior89, send me (or anyone) a PM and see if it goes away.. That's from the manually deleted PM. I need to figure out where the trigger for that notification is stored in the database.

I got the spammer log on warning last night. As I sold my XS about 4 or 5 years ago I'd probably best delete my account. Have fun guys, toodle-pip ...............

Ok, can't find delete account tab, Travis, can you 'delete' me please ?
(Ha, ha, sounds kinda funny that, hope a piano don't fall out of the sky !).

Back