My 5 year Jimmy project

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Its been 5 years to the month that I bought 1996 red Chevrolet Jimmy blazer.When I bought it the engine was shot and knocked so loud you could here it a mile away.After months of struggling getting the old engine out and rebuilt it was back in the truck.It was on a trailer when I bought so I didn't get to drive it and know if the trans worked or not.When I got it off the trailer I drove it and it wouldn't shift out of 1st gear.No big deal I thought figured it was a shifting solenoid switch.So I dug into and the front pump was locked,grrr its not supposed be.The trans was removed by me and dug into it.It was shot almost all the clutches and steels were burnt up so $600 later it was professionaly rebuilt.More months go by and its in replaced barnd new engine and transmission.Physically difficult on my body to do all this work but I got it accomplished.So at this point all the vacuum lines needed reinstalled and everything needed wired up.I couldn't afford the mechanic at the time but I also figured I could look up the info online and get that part of the job done.I wasn't so the truck sat in storage for 3 1/2 years.A month ago I hired a mechanic to get the rest of this buttoned up.Then I find out my battery and starter was dead $225. later they are replaced.Today for the 1st time in 5 long tormenting years of physical pain and struggles I got some great news.It lives,the engine fires up and runs.Its music to my ears.So now I have to get a few small things like sensor and column shifting cable and with luck I`ll be driving it home within a week.

Back