Need help- Yamaha xs400se 1982

Armin Ramic

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello guys new to The forum and bikeworld, got a 1982 xs400se for free of a freind but it stood in a barn for over 20 years.
So i decided i was going to renovate it but i have some problems finding The seal dust cover for The front forks. I have found many pages Who have Parts for xs400 but none Who have The ones im searching for.
Looks to me there is some difference on The USA modells and other xs400.
So is there someone Who have a manual on The bike or drawings with part Number for The yamaha xs400se 4g5 1982.
On cmsnl i find alot of xs400 but none that is exactly The same one as mine.

And one more question i have is what colour should i choose to The tank its going on repainting soon
Thanks for The help

Attachments

• IMG_20200602_133004_01.jpg
    IMG_20200602_133004_01.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 199
Cmsnl have a 82 europe model. Things like the forks are pretty similar between models especially with oil seals on forks. What are the differences with your model? It looks standard to me.

There are lots of manuals posted around the forum if you look. yamahapartshouse.com will have a part number but you can buy fork rebuild kits all over the internet.

If you get some calipers i can comepare the measurements to my 78 if you wanna make sure.

Blacks always cool but i've seen cool dark green ones lately that make me wanna repaint.

Don't buy parts for an '82. Almost everything listed for an '82 will be for the double-overhead cam models.
Any fork seals for 76-81 will fit your bike. I believe Yambit should have some on that side of the pond.

Hi guys,
i'm a new user from Italy and I recently bought an XS 400 4G5 SE Special 1982.

My xs 400 model is exactly like the one specified in this thread. Anyone of you find the specific manuals for this model?
I can't find this damn "4g5 SE Special" in any manual. Which is the correct one?

@BBS360 why do you suggest not to buy parts for the 82 model?!
Sorry but I recently approached this bike and I don't know it well yet.
Thank you

Back