New Design for the Site - Feedback - Report Problems

Travis

Forum Staff
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just launched a new design for the site. If you've been on XS650.com in the last few months, you probably saw this coming. Anyway, let me know if you find anything broken!

The biggest change other than the redesign of the header and footer is the semi-fluid width. The width of the site will now scale between 1000 and 1240 pixels. This will make the site look better for people with higher resolution monitors, but make it still look good for people running 1024x768 monitor resolutions.

This wasn't an update to the functionality or look and feel of the forum. That will come in the next couple of months. So basically, everything within the main section of each page (white box) should work and look just like it did before.

To get this site (and any site) to look the best, be sure you are using an updated browser. By now, you should be using Internet Explorer 8 or better or Firefox 3.6 or better.

:bike:

Be carefull if you make too many changes your users will get very angry and revolt like the facebook users! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I've learned that people hate change but they get over it quickly. This was just a little update to the style. Wait until I upgrade the forum software! :D

WHAT?!?!? A MINOR, HARDLY NOTICBLE, VISUAL CHANGE arrrrrrgggggg we will not stand for this....

wait.......this is actually kinda visually stimulating and flows well.....oh whats this....ahhh i like that.....hmmm nice.....

NEVERMIND :)

Looks good to me,and I do peruse the xs650 site and noticed that it was different,and then this one followed,really nice. lha

The software update won't really fundamentally change anything about how the site works and how you post and things.. It'll just look a little different and have a few more features and better editor. We'll be going from vbulletin 3.8.2 to 4.1.x.

I may need to recruit a few of you guys to do some behind the scenes testing before it goes live. That'll give you a chance for some input.

Tapatalk photo upload support? Why can't I upload my photos with tapatalk? I had to pay to them for image hosting I would like to be able to use that feature on this forum instead of photobucket.

it's going to have a UK spell checker embedded no more spelling tires, but tyres etc etc :laugh:

I was taught to read and write"old school" and still spell "fibreglass"rather than fiberglass. "Tyres"was actually how I was taught to spell tires,as well as other words that I can't think of. Most people understand that other countries have different spellings of words.I went to school for the first 3 grades in Germany,as my Father was stationed there. lha

Downsouthdub, You should be able to upload photos with tapatalk. What error are you getting? Is your app on your phone up-to-date?

Everything is up to date, here is a screen shot of the error

null-36.png

That last pictured worked for me from tapatalk. Another weird thing is that tapatalk signatures are disabled, but your posts still say " 2".

When you try to insert an image, does it ask if you want tapatalk to host it? If so, say no and it will be uploaded to the site.

Yeah it's pretty weird... It doesn't give me the option. I hit the pic icon and that message pops up. I'm restoring my original tapatalk to see if it works from that one

Back