new to site, recent bobber purchase

kevinsmith1517

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the site and just posting something here. 19 years old, live in Kansas and came across what I feel to be a deal. Been looking for a bike for awhile and now the time came. Recently bought a bike with a '78 hardtail with an '81 engine. Going through the bikes wiring because it looks a little sketch (and I would like to know what is what) with all the wire crimps on there and a couple bare wires. Bike has the suicide shift on it and wondering peoples opinions on placement of the clutch, whether it be on the shifter or a foot clutch.

Glad to become a part of the group!

Attachments

• xs400.jpg
    xs400.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 473
Welcome to the forum. I am not a fan ( for safety) of a SUICIDE:wink2: shift. If you want to keep it you should have a foot clutch. As for wiring I would do a search of the forum for diagrams. A few people have posted "custom" wiring for chopped bikes. I would have a welder/metal fabricator look at that hard tale it looks a little sketchy. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it?

I am a pretty good metal fabricator, use english wheel, power hammer, benders, etc. at school often. its not like the entire bike is full of sketchy welds, there is just one that i am not satisfied with, and it is actually one on the neck, the hard tale looks good. I will post some pics of what i am talking about when home. The wiring is all there as well, i would just like to know where i stand. i found a couple diagrams that people have done on here, helpful so far

Back