parts help?

wat about those things they put on trumps and stuff.i believe its isgt that has them on his? are they the same thing? or do i need to put dust seals on, then use those?

I found these on the net. They might work and are less than 1/2 the price others want. There are Indian made for the Royal Enfield. the measurements of the XS400 are 34MM fork diameter, 55MM for the housing diameter, and the length on relaxed position on the bike without rider is 200 mm. These gaiters measure 38mm (1.5") fork side, 55mm (2.2)housing side, 8 inches (200mm) length. They also come with a clamp. 15 bucks for a pair, seems to be priced aggressively. Anyone tried these? I might need 5 pairs so I am keen on any savings...

mikestp@yahoo.com

http://stores.ebay.com/VintageAutoSpares (do a search for gaiters and it will pop up...)

the bikes I have are 1980 and 1981 they measured 34. But hell it was dark... and my caliper is a Chinese cheapo digital... lol. Certainly close enough. The question really boils down to... will the 38mm gaiter snug down to a 33 or 34 mm fork tube? I think I will buy three pairs and if I have to I will slit the 38mm section and allow it to snug down to 34... Same for the 55mm end if needed.

Back