1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Parts Needed 83 Maxim

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by heritage, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Hello
    My son and I are working our his bobber project and we are getting close to get it on the road - minus the final paint job.

Would anyone have a set of side covers for a 83 maxim and be interested in selling them? My son has been looking for some time now so maybe we have been looking in the wrong spot.

2. firebane

firebane XS400 Member

Left side can be found on ebay but the right side is rare like unicorn poop. I am looking for that myself.

3. Thanks guys
    Sorry but I wasn't very clear - I am looking for the side "beauty covers".
    I would take the LH & RH - but we are in desperate need of the side over the the air inlet box.

4. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave XS400 Guru Top Contributor

@heritage, I may have one and I'm not far from you. Unfortunately it will be next week before I am home and can check.

5. WOW
    That would be great! I just finished looking again on ebay and I could only find RH side covers.
    Let me know let me know, I can swing by. Thanks for responding.

6. Impressive - I have know idea why it never came up when I searched Yamaha maxim side cover .....
    Doesn't matter because you found it.
    Thanks again for your help