For Sale - Pending 81 XS400 SH (4R4) (Red Wing Area SE Minnesota)

arfstrom

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, I haven't made up my mind, the engine seized last summer, and I haven't touched it yet to determine what is wrong with it.

So I am trying to gauge what feed back i get.

The last trip, I thought I heard louder than I want'ed for valves. I figured I needed to check the clearance.
With that said, I could be wrong.

The wife wants me to get rid of the bike. I just got new tires last year. I had been trying to evaluate a replacement for the 30+ yo front brake reservoir. Its been fine, I haven't looked at the bike this year, (last weekend we did have April Blizzard.) Bike was stored in garage. Everything else works as expected. (Vacuum petcock works, brakes, electric starter works most of the time.) will need a oil change. Last year wasn't a lot miles put on her, (needed tires/now replaced)I think I put 300 miles on them. The turn signal had the metric Diode kit installed for use of the LED turn signals, which means auto off doesn't work. I picked up a new AGM battery last year. (it hasn't been on the charger this winter).
Please help me, make up my mind. Wife wants to drag it the local bone yard. I am thinking someone might like take care of it.

Ive got an 81 parts bike that the motor isn't seized, and don't live too terribly far from you. DM if ya wanna chat. or Dm if you're thinking of scrapping. could use a headlamp ;)

I bought an replacement one, I just never got to the point of trying to figure out how to attach it. I felt if I was to attach it, I would need to like a harley mod. I don't think I would be able to use the turn signals as everything is. I would need to put them on new stalks, or something. So that project got put on hold. If you want the parts, I could be talked into parting with them. I picked up a Halo led head lamp, with a fancy light. (I forgot, I will have to look it up on ebay, or something- to jog my memory.) It was going to be energy efficient. I have other things that didn't go with the bike. (engine guard) box of parts, book. I live on the north side of Red Wing, near that lonely kwik trip.

Back