Proper intro

chkm8

XS400 Student
Reaction score
Thought it was about time to give a proper hello. I bought this bike a couple of months ago. The PO actually cleaned the carbs and it runs well, just a little lean. I plan on pods and shorties. I didn't want to cut the original exhaust, so I scored a pair of '78 headers for $10 of fleabay. I've been cleaning the surface rust off so I can paint them then weld to the shorties. I want to drop the seat and solo it, smaller headlight and bullet turn signals. Not sure what I want to do with the handlebars, I've been thinking about reverse clubmans. Some lowered shocks, new tail light and a remounted rear fender should finish it out. The saddlebags are probably going away, I thought about replacing them with .50 cal ammo cans on either side. I'm just happy it runs well! Here she is:

Attachments

• mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 123
yeah, sorry about the bad cell pic. Most of the parts seem to be in decent shape, they may pop up on the classifieds from time to time.

what cell phone you using, mine is a HTM and took out of focus pictures till i realised you has to touch the image onscreen to focus and colour balance it!

now its ACE!

I credit the bad picture to me not being able to hold a phone steady, apparently. Usually they're pretty crisp. My next pics will be better. I don't think it helps that it was in my garage at night either.

Back