Rear Hoop size?

ScottLuke

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I am getting ready to purchase the rear hoop for the back of my bike's frame, from DCC. My question, what size DOM is everyone going with? I am leaning toward the 1". What do you guys think. Is it worth it? 7/8" just seems too small. Someone enlighten me please. Thanks guys :D

Are you sure you want to buy a DCC hoop? They are fairly easy to make yourself, just grab a piece of pipe from Lowes/HD, fill it with sand, cap the ends, heat it up, then bend it around the jig of your choice. It's cheap, and very satisfying when you complete it.

Are you sure you want to buy a DCC hoop? They are fairly easy to make yourself, just grab a piece of pipe from Lowes/HD, fill it with sand, cap the ends, heat it up, then bend it around the jig of your choice. It's cheap, and very satisfying when you complete it.

Thanks Wolfe, I just might do that. These hours have been hellish at Work, 600 miles a night/ 6 nights a week....I was thinking just buy the DCC hoop and weld it, because it was easiest for me, but saving the $90 would be nice to put toward other parts. My house also doesn't have 220 set-up right now which is another problem. I have to take my welder over to someone who does.. I might just go grab some 1" tomorrow from the local metalguy, we will see. Thanks again

To answer your original question, you're looking for the Large CC Hoop 7/8" hoop. I wouldn't go bigger, I personally think it would look strange to widen your tubing at the hoop.

To answer your original question, you're looking for the Large CC Hoop 7/8" hoop. I wouldn't go bigger, I personally think it would look strange to widen your tubing at the hoop.

Thanks! Yes, I was at the local metal yard looking at the 1" and 7/8" tubing. The 1" was much too big compared to my frames, like you said "it would have looked funny". I ended up with 6ft. of 7/8" DOM. Now hopefully bender I have and one of the dies will get a close bend. Its not a pipe bender, more for conduit. Thanks guys for the help and answers.:thumbsup:

Back