Wanted - Right side late model carb body

BigDick

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has the idle screw boss busted off as well as not having the bracketry to hook the throttle cable into. I'd really like to just swap out my #2 carb body and be good to go. Please let me know if anyone has either just the body or the bracketry that goes on the end of the butterfly shaft. Thanks!

I have a set of carb bodies. One carb is toast, the part that the pilot jet goes into is busted. The other body looks to be in good shape. I will look at it tomorrow to see if it has the brackets your looking for. I will ship it to you for $20....let me look at it tomorrow to be sure it has what your looking for.

Hey Bigun, just braved the rain and checked out my carbs...check the pic, i think i have everything your looking for. Just confirm and message me your mailing address. You can Paypal me @ roadstarb@hotmail.com

Attachments

• CAM00048.jpg
    CAM00048.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 248
Just noticed from your build post that you have the dohc Maxim 400. Make sure these will work with your bike. Mine is the BS34 carbs from a sohc 82' 400. Good thing will be the carb with the cable guides is the good carb body if yours has the same setup as the sohc.

Hey man, I appreciate checking, but those are the early model carbs, I have the late model where the idle screw and throttle cable linkage are on the outside right side.

I was thinking they may be different. i had a Maxim 400 as my first bike back in 1992. Hope to scorea Maxum 750 soon.Goodluck on your build.

Hey BamaBill,
I'm looking to buy a single intact carb body (I blew out the pilot air screw hole on one of mine). Do you still have that carb and would you be willing to ship to Washington? Do you have any pictures of the inside or the air intake side of the carb? I have a 78 sohc, hoping that your model would be close enough to a match. Don't really care which side the hardware is on, mine is reversible.

I was thinking they may be different. i had a Maxim 400 as my first bike back in 1992. Hope to scorea Maxum 750 soon.Goodluck on your build.

I have it done, I've ridden it at the track. It's just that now is the off season of racing and there's little things I'd like to change and modify so the bike will be better overall next season.

Back