some modded xs400's

there's a bloke who runs a bike shop in Lowestoft who, only today mentioned that very bike. I have the phone number off a guy on brit chop. I'll let you all know how I go on

nice one surp. passing stafford today onto Telford to pick a guitar up!

you attend the classic bike show there?

for me this model is one of 400 xs that i love :thumbsup:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/dscn3604m.jpg/]
dscn3604m.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

not given up on the turbo'd xs yet. emailed the company who's logo is on the pic, here's there reply

"I certainly took that picture, it would have been back in 2007 at the Northweald Sprint for classic motorcycles. The original website is now defunct and I believe it has now been merged into the Bikefest http://www.northwealdmotorsport.co.uk/bikefest.html . I'm afraid I have no details on who rode the bike as we just handed all images over to the organiser at the time. Northweald Motorsport may have records that you can ask for, or they may know who it is off hand as everyone tends to know each other. I'll also ask around/keep an eye out for you as I'm still involved in the scene."

I let you know how I go on

not given up on the turbo'd xs yet. emailed the company who's logo is on the pic, here's there reply

"I certainly took that picture, it would have been back in 2007 at the Northweald Sprint for classic motorcycles. The original website is now defunct and I believe it has now been merged into the Bikefest http://www.northwealdmotorsport.co.uk/bikefest.html . I'm afraid I have no details on who rode the bike as we just handed all images over to the organiser at the time. Northweald Motorsport may have records that you can ask for, or they may know who it is off hand as everyone tends to know each other. I'll also ask around/keep an eye out for you as I'm still involved in the scene."

I let you know how I go on

it was Paul Shivers who rode the bike

Here's mine with just a cheap fiberglass Manx seat/tank put on (ebay seller), and electronic ignition:

4869750361_40059e0cfc_z.jpg

at some point had a cafe windscreen fairing but took that off:
4556393351_2be4c0de8a_z.jpg

Last edited:
Those are emgo shorty mufflers; cheapest money can buy! I have them. They were something like $50 for two. They are also so light that I do not think any sort of supporting bracket is necessary. They will not bolt right up, however. You will need to weld them or make relief cuts and use a beastly clamp.

Very nice! tell us about the tank. How cheap is cheap and any isues with gasahol?

Hey all,

Thanks drewp! Nice to see you here as well. Electric Ignition has been working well. Might replace old coils with DynaCoils next year.

Hey gentlemanjim,
The tank was $320 and 20 shipping. The seller nuexstone on ebay sells different fiberglass ones he makes and think he can paint them for a bit of a fee. That was too rich for me, but i liked the black gelcoat anyway. He's a nice guy and guided me through everything... Think by default he puts the tank mounting screws where an XS650 is. I don't know how to weld so my mechanic had to move where they bolt on. Not sure but might be able to ask him to move the studs i think they called to your bikes specs (i didn't know at the time)...
The coils had to get moved a bit to make room as well. He uses a special liner for the tanks. Mine's been fine for couple years. Only problem was the cap didn't vent like it was supposed to, so he gave me a one of those vent screws to vent the tank (I put some tube there so if a small amount of air when it vents doesn't get on the tank[as the small amount of gas in the vented air seems to fade the tank there slightly]). Pic here. Eh no one notices it.

Last edited:
Those are emgo shorty mufflers; cheapest money can buy! I have them. They were something like $50 for two. They are also so light that I do not think any sort of supporting bracket is necessary. They will not bolt right up, however. You will need to weld them or make relief cuts and use a beastly clamp.

cool i will look into those mufflers. but where could i find new pipes? i dont care if they are off a different bike as long as they work.

As for headers I have no idea what would fit. Do you not like the shape or are yours damaged? I simply sprayed mine with black ceramic header paint and clamped on the new mufflers. You can also wrap your headers too.

mine are 2 into 1 home made by the po who wrapped them, to put it nicely they look like junk and look like a cob job. i would like 2 into 2 mufflers and i want a nice clean looking bike

I think I saw some 2-2 on ebay for 285 shipped for new. If you're willing to go used there might be people on here selling some.

im starting to really dig those trackers. grew up trail riding in here in missouri. anybody use them for any cross country stuff?

Back