1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Tire size for my first bike

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Verynormal, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Verynormal

Verynormal XS400 New Member

PA
    Hi guys, just bought a 1978 xs400 and ive never bought motorcyle tires before so id like some help. Its got 3.50x18 on both front and back right now but the front is too fat so the dude took the fender off to fit it, Seems like even a small step down and it would fit. Ill attach photos of the rims aswell incase that affects tire choice. Any recommendations on size/brand would be helpfull.

Attached Files:

2. tstidham

tstidham XS400 Enthusiast

3.00-18 is the factory front tire size, and 3.50-18 is correct for the rear.

3. Verynormal

PA
    thanks, gona get them ordered then and be ridin soon.

4. AmbientMoto

AmbientMoto XS400 Addict

@Verynormal good choice on spending money on new rubber.

5. Verynormal

PA
    Yeah, asmuch as i wanna atleast put around for fun they are just too sketchy and im to inexperienced. Dont wanna ruin the bike or myself haha.