What did you do this summer???

MrStubb

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Here it is April 11 and when I woke up SNOW!!!! Here in east central Minnesota there's about 1" of the thick heavy wet stuff on the ground and it's falling with wreckless abandon. Weather man says to expect 3-5" + by the end of it. Summer was TOO short this year I hadn't had time to do any real work on the new bike. Any one have a good line on Snow tires for our beloved hobby??? :yikes:banghead::D

Well, it's April 11th way down here in the banana belt - in the country south of yours.
And there's an inch here too - with an inch or two of freezing rain and ice pellets on the way.
Welcome to 2012 payback! Though, if it makes you feel better, here is a pic taken on April 24th last year after all those weeks of record breaking hot weather :yikes:

Attachments

• No ride today - April 24-2012.JPG
    No ride today - April 24-2012.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 258
We have had temps in the 40`s and 4 inches of rain in the last 2 days now highs in 30`s.Compared to this sametime last year record march highs a cold snap which killed the fruit crop and driest spring on record.

Sounds like we're in for another blow tomorrow. Friday it sucked going to work Lite rain strong wind sleet snow rolling thunder and hellacious lightning. OH I LOVE Minnesota in the spring time!!!!!!

Well Im glad I dont live in N dakota they are expecting 8-12" of the crappy white stuff.Here was supposed to be sunny and but warmer than yesterday.Instead we have dark clouds and gloom with rain and snow just to the south.Supposed to be near70* tomorrow I almost bet its going to be windy as Chit.The sun was out for a bit this am but I slept in and missed it.:mad:Chance of rain the next 4-5 days what chitty spring so far.

Well it was about as they said. Left the house at 3:40 am and less than 5 miles Snow. Crappy Wet Snow and it was off & on all day. If it wasn't so wet I bet we'd have 4-6 on the ground. At 4 I went out with a fork lift & the snow felt like bb's. On the radio they said nearly 12 inches on the Iron range and along the Canadian Border. Great rideing weather. Oh well more time to work on the bike.

Cloudy with a few sunny breaks and 43F (6C) when I went for a 45 minute ride just before The Masters.
It's supposed to go to 63F (17C) :yikes:btomorrow with no rain until evening.
Could be out all day with any luck. :thumbsup:

I rode all afternoon in the countryside with my neighbour on his 1500 Goldwing. He mentioned over coffee that my bike was running much stronger than last summer, because he was accelerating wide open and I was with him. :)

Summer is just a technicality. Who needs summer when we've gotten another 3" of the white stuff this morning. By this afternoon it was around 45 with a slight wind. My brother in law came over to clean my septic tank and we got the LS2 out for a little skip down the street. Now I look like a monkey rideing a grape on the bike but Jimmy looked like Sasquatch on a pogo stick. When he got back he was ALL smiles though. It made my day and I think his. Who cares if there's 2 foot snow banks all over!!!!

:yikes: Princeton?

Yep that was on the other side of town from me. I didn't see it my self. There's a mind set up here that precludes common sense in some situations. I'm not sure what conditions were at the time but I would bet someone hit a scattered slick spot which cascaded into the mayhem in the pic.:shrug::confused::eek: like the emoticons:bike:

Back