What did you do with your XS today?

I'd just sand the fins with some coarse sand paper. They won't rust anyways and no amount of dirt or corrosion will be able to withstand sanding

Rode it to the post office to get my passport all fixed up - I'm australia bound this march!

Also, my LED lights should show up at work tonight, but I'm going on an overnight bicycle camping trip - so I will install thursday night, and post my efforts!

Spent most of the day running around to get a brake hose made. There is only one place in town that makes brake hoses but I finally got it done.
The cost of steel was prohibitive so I went with a new rubber one.

Tombo you got stop torturing us northern folks who are suffering in sub 0 weather and sings dighit highs right now.My garge is too difficult heat and I have done every other indoor project I can do right now so I bored as hell.We wont see any weather above freezing till late next week sometime.Im bored with tv and movies cause I have done watched all the good ones.If I could get my engine a chevy 4.3 I`d put in my utility room and finish working on it.

Living here is like living out in the sw dessert areas around Pheonix.Too stinking hot for 9 months out of the year then perfect weather for 3 months.Here you have 4+ months of winter 2 months of almost nice weather and then 3 maybe 4 month of summer.Summers are mainly not to hot,Last year was exceptionaly mild.Then you have fall my favorite time of the year doesn't last long enough.

Where ever you go there you are.:wink2:
Been Silent for a couple weeks. New shift @ work Evil Mac nasty cold and all. Scorpio Get ready Here comes another blast of cold compliments of our Canadian neighbors. It's -2f as I write this in Princeton and looks like the bottom drops around -17f tonight. Get out your warmest woolies & wrap up tight. Heck I've even got the corn stove turned up full tilt. Boy does that thing burn bright.:yikes: reaction when you step out for the first time.:eek:

I haven't done anything on my bike in quite a while,I have new mirrors and arms for them to put on probably a 5-10 minute job but its been to dam cold no heat in my storage/garage..
Its so cold +7* when I went out shopping real feal of -11*.Came back from being outside and was sweating immensely.Imediately I started stripping off the layers to cool off.Yeah seen the extended forecast all our night time lows in -0*`s Highs 5-10* above 0*The cold has been relentless this winter.Hasnt been the snowiest I have just ever lasting cold that wont budge.NOAA predicts 98% ice coverage on the great lakes this year compared 32% last year.

Last edited:
Started making progress again after an extended lazy hiatus.

Frame stripped down, two brackets to weld on for exhausts then remove superfluous brackets, a clean up and it's ready for powder.

Finished the temporary bracket for headlight, clocks etc.

Started stripping the forks and wheels down. Anyone got any ideas how to clean my mags up without having to repaint them? The painted bits look OK but the bare ally bits have some corrosion that I want to clean off. Don't want to repaint them as it looks a pain in the arse to get them looking original. I will maybe just have to get the sand paper out and be careful around the paint.

Dropped off the axle for the RD250 spoke disc wheel at the machine shop to be fitted to my 80's lowers.

Titanium bolts for the rotor on the 80.

Attachments

• DSC02351.jpg
    DSC02351.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 205
Set my valve clearances for the first time. Proud moment for me.

Next I am going to get a seat hoop. Does anyone know if I'll need 7/8" or 1"? My bike is away so I cannot measure it myself.

Pretty fancy xschris. Did you Loc-Tite them in? While I'm at it...What size? They look nice..:thumbsup:Spad

Yes I used blue loc-tite. They are M8 x 20mm. They fit the hub I am using. The stock mag hub would take a longer bolt, I think 30mm.

Last edited:
Back