What do you guys think??

MrStubb

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately I spent some time on Craigs list this am. there's 2 Xs400's listed for cheap. A 79 and an 81. The 79 looks to be complete not running and with what looks from the pic a rotten tank. List price is $250.00 the 81 has no pic Not running now but was ridden last year listed for $150.00. Also there's a set of carbs from a 77 Xs360 for $40.00. Both bikes are listed as parts bikes with no title's. Also they both have less then 5000 miles on each. Any thoughts????

Get all of them! Just make sure the xs360 carbs has the metal intake boot covers and the H-pipe to the air filters, the xs400 ones are not the same and won't work on those carbs.

Thanks Chris I think if the money is there I will atleast buy 1 of the bikes and the carbs. Unfortunately I may have unsubscribed from this posting accidentally. Stupid fat fingers.

:laugh: Make sure they have titles to them. Sorry about your fingers, I am sure your wife likes them:D

Both bikes are with out title. I will have to check into the vin code to see if they're still on the DMV record. The 80 I have also has no title but I'm able to get a replacement title since there's no record of it at the DMV. As for my fingers they DO get me in trouble some times and the wife isn't always impressed.

I picked up the carbs this afternoon and they were Ultrasonic cleaned last year and rebuilt. Not bad for 40 bucks I will have to re jet them for my bike but I think with little work they'll slip right on. Havent gotten anything back on the 81 yet but the 79 is not far away. Might get that one next week if it's still there. Hey Arfstrom It's not too far from you if you're interested. The guy said he had it for a project a number of years in a barn and it's from Wisconsin. It's about 45 miles west of Hudson now.

Back