Would these custom bike parts work

Omega

Resurrectionist.
Reaction score
It's been ages and I've been messin with some ideas for my re-engineered bike. Custom head and cams, valves, piston, the works. I want to see what you guys think and if you have any ideas that'd help

1) Full fairing made from aluminium and acrylic sheet for the visor, about 2mm thin and possible ducts in the sides to direct air to the cooling fins. Would you think this would cool the engine down too much while riding and heat up too much when stationary? This would be built to match the custom tank which is also aluminium

2) Would a crankshaft rephased to 270° crank give a better torque band. I've seen a few xs650s rephased and wondered if it'd be able to work properly. I'd remake the plate the points are on but in a 270° format, change the crank and cams so everything works fine but what else would need to change?

3) I also found a place that'll do performance cams for my bike, I'll be using gsxr1000 pistons and a custom crank but I'm wondering if I would be able to use a press fit crank shaft and the usual conrods you see in them to reduce spinning weight. To reduce further weight and free up what little power it uses would I be able to get away with removing the balance shaft from the front? How would this effect the ride, engine and vibration. Also would I need to block the oil ports on the block to keep the pressure similar to what it was?
Thanks

Back