XS400 Bobber build/first post

nother update. frame is rustoleum rattle can flat black, tank is hammer finish rustoleum outta a rattle can also. wheels were primed, glossed and cleared. out of what? o yeah. rattle can. $10 killer ass octogon grips from 1976. NOS. bad ass. these things are so comfortable. MX style bars. just got them to use till i make some window or T-bars bars. these are kinda wide. $10 from the same guy as the grips. decided on a name. C-Note. because the bet i made withmy boss. i lost clearly. lol. shes a skinny bitch, but kinda wide in the middle. kinda like a preggo stripper. lol. once i get new bars its gonna be a lane splitter fursur. ill let the pics tell the rest of the story.

IMGP2756.jpg

IMGP2758.jpg

IMGP2680.jpg

IMGP2761.jpg

IMGP2826.jpg

IMGP2824.jpg

IMGP2825-1.jpg

IMGP2827.jpg

dropped the engine in last night. so today is making a bracket to mount the carbs, get a gas cap from the *shudder* harley dealershit, head light mount, tail light/tag mount, tach and switches mount, tumble the clutch and sprocket covers, section my kick stand 2 inches, simplify the wiring, and fit my petcock correctly. i think its gonna be hard pipped in copper :D. ill keep yall posted. more pics later tonight. but this is some that i took last night and dragged out into the middle of the street this morning.

last night
IMGP2828.jpg

this morning
IMGP2834.jpg

IMGP2836.jpg

IMGP2837.jpg

IMGP2835.jpg

cool pics, cool bike vol. whats with the line of sockets :umm:

If your using copper pipe, make sure you put a coil in there to limit vibration failure

i was using them. lol there attatched to a track that fits the size of the drive. i didnt just line them up for picture taking sake. lol. and thanks, ive been tryin to get a little better with taking pictures. i think the pictures in this thead show progression, lol at least a bit.

This has to be my favorite thread. exactly what ive got in mind volcom.. im slow but your advice on my build would be great thanks man keep it up!

any chance you can flip that rear caliper over to the bottom of the disc? would look wicked! and you can have the brake hose follow the bottom tube

looks cool :)

i thought about that after i had welded the brake stay on. lol. too late now, would look cool tho.

i was trying to find neutral so i can kick it over, and i only get two clicks, then it doesnt shift anymore. could me syncros be miss aligned, i would LOVE not to split the case again, but if thats the only way, so be it.

any ideas?

better if the engine is turned over as that's how the gears work, by spinning and meshing.

check that first and then the selector drum after that as you might have mixed up the "little bars" that get pulled by the selector mechanism!

yeah its a rear drum but im not sure if its 16.. i havent measured..
thats weird that my 81 has a drum and the 79 has a disk. you would think the drum came first and evolved into the disk . am i wrong ? haha

i assume the disk is better, it looks nicer imo
i wonder if i can swap and hang with the cool cats hmm :bike:

Back