XS400 Bobber build/first post

You still want to help me chop and bob my bike. I have no clue what I am doing. I am going to get the kit from here and a sporty tank. Let me know. I would love to learn how to do this stuff.

hell yeah dude im down for that. you sure you wanna learn from a 19 year old? lol. if i fix this welder then ill be makin all kinds of shit. but to be honest i havent welded in about a year. but its like riding a bike. haha. no pun intended. you got somewhere to work on it?

and fubar, yeah its gonna be vids from now on i think. with the occasional picture to highlight something or ask a question.

agreed about the unit. or build it in your apartment and bring me the frame and other bits to be welded? its been done before. by members on here too actually. i have my 72 125 completely disassembled in my room. and you cant see any of it. also have a 21 inch front for it, the stock 18's, and 90's 18 inch yamaha dirtbike rim i bought for the tire, (5 bucks) and 4 the stock wheels and tires for my truck. all stacked. only thing thats not in the closed it the frame and engine. i cheated and put those in the garage. i have one room. you have a whole apartment. you can make it work

Soon you'll have it fully operational. It's a lot of fun to not worry about what happens when you hit that start button or kickstarter. My bike is finally in the e start club after a month of learning to tweak everything.

Safe Riding!

Drewcifer

Great work Volkom! Its been a while since I checked in on you, so it's great to see the progress. And yes, the videos are way better than writing out an update. If a pictures worth a thousand words, what's a video worth? :thumbsup:

you know this thread is the highest viewed in the garage section eh? good on ya my man. lets see some pictures and videos llike you always promise!

ask and you shall receive.
ive had a lot on my plate lately. new job, title issues with my truck, vacation and a bunch of other shit, so i haven't been very active on the forum. mostly lurking. but here's a visual update

old tank on there for mock up while the good one is gettin welded
IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

made a fender strut and re-radius'd my fender.
IMG_0096.jpg

buddies dads garage been spending a lot of time in. buddy just got the '34.
IMG_0065.jpg

and another, all this in a 2 car stall
IMG_0067.jpg

workin on some 10 inch T's
IMG_0097.jpg

for this, my "newest" project that ive been workin on. 73 yamaha 125cc 2 stroke.
IMG_0095.jpg

plans include new rear loop and relocated shock mounts to lower it more. might stick with a stock 18 in front tho as opposed to the 21. its mini bike on steroids with wacky proportions lol. should be fun to cruise at car shows.

Great work man! Im just now starting on my 82..good inspiration.
Ill probably get lots of crap from guys here but Im going for my own creation not trying to label it bobber or cafe..a bike is a bike as long as its yours!
Peace
Tj

Wish I had that exact part to look for you. You already learned rule one, don't take it out unless you have a spare....

if you want to get that out either pull it with a rare earth magnet or a steel dental pick.

AFAIK there should be just alloy casing and the seal fits in there.

It could be an aftermarket push rod seal and had a steel outer part which you left in whilst extracting it.

Back