XS400.com T-shirt Presale! (Presale ends Monday July 22nd, 2013 at 11pm CST)

Travis

Forum Staff
Staff member
Reaction score
XS400.com T-shirt Presale! (Presale ends Monday July 22nd, 2013 at 11pm CST)

People have been patiently waiting for XS400.com T-shirts and I'm happy to announce that they are finally ready to order! The t-shirt designs were created and voted on by members of the site. A presale is being held to make sure everyone gets the exact garment, size, and color they want. The presale will go until 11pm CST on Monday July 22nd. After the presale, only a few extra shirts will be ordered, so colors and sizes will be extremely limited. To make sure you get the shirts you want, order today!

Design A

Design B

Order Here!

This is a presale. Orders will not be shipped immediately. After the presale is over, all shirts will be ordered from the printer and printed. Shirts are expect to ship around the first or second week of August.

Garment Details

Men's Short Sleeve T-Shirt - Gildan 2000
- 100% cotton preshrunk jersey knit (Heather colors are 50/50 Cotton/Polyester)
- 6.0 oz per sq yd
- Seamless double needle 7/8” collar
- Taped neck and shoulders
- Double needle sleeve and bottom hems
- Quarter-turned to eliminate center crease

Men's Long Sleeve T-Shirt - Gildan 2400
- 6.0 oz per sq yd
- Double needle 7/8” collar
- Rib cuffs
- Double needle bottom hem

Women's Short Sleeve T-Shirt -Gildan 2000L
- 6.0 oz per sq yd
- Seamless double needle 5/8” neck rib
- Feminine inspired pattern

Women's Long Sleeve T-Shirt - Gildan 2400L
- 100% cotton preshrunk jersey knit
- 6.0 oz per sq yd
- Seamless double needle 5/8” neck rib
- Feminine inspired pattern
- Hemmed cuffs

I understood that the decals ship for free. T-Shirts are bigger and bulkier so shipping (and packaging, and handling) charges are more. Can't expect Travis to cover the shipping and still be able to make some money to keep this site alive. A good quality t-shirt is around $10 and printing on front and back is probably close to that, so there isn't much profit to be made on this low volume order.

I paid $13.50 for shipping (2 t-shirts and a sticker) to Southern Ontario, Canada, and that sounded like a good price to me based on other shipping charges I've paid.

I hope that Travis makes some money with this and that it is worth the effort!

My bad, maybe I should of read the top of the order page where it clearly explains everything. :doh:

I am ordering the shirts now.

By the way Dave, I thought paypal was doing something weird - didn't mean to sound like I was complaining or anything. I am all for supporting this forum as without it I would of been up shit creek without a paddle.

Cheers.

I hope that Travis makes some money with this and that it is worth the effort!

To be honest, unless we get quite a few more shirt orders to bring the cost of the shirts down, I'm not sure that it will have been worth it. With this low volume order, the shirts being printed front and back with multiple colors, paying the graphic designer, credit card merchant fees, and packaging, there will be little profit... and that's not counting the time put into it. :shrug:

Regarding shipping... I am shipping these as cheaply as I can. USPS shipping rates went up quite a bit this January for international packages. If there were a cheaper way to get them to you guys, I would do it.

If we do this again maybe we can go with a simplified design that will appeal to more people to get more orders.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the orders so far! Keep 'em coming!

Ya I would prefer a more simple design. Just the xs400 logo on front would be great. Don't know if that's still possible?? I didn't vote so I have no right to complain. Anyways you will get my order soon. Still trying to decide what colour and style to go with.

Unfortunately a third option right now wouldn't help with the pricing since the price breaks are per design. Maybe if we do them again.

Hey Travis I know of a few other Screen Printers around if you'd like. There's one here in Princeton and another in Robbinsdale Mn where I'd gotten some shirts in the past. There is also the possibility of printing a Thermal transfer and let us find our own shirts. I know I'd like one with a pocket for my cell phone to call when I need the trailer when I break down. I did a thermal transfer with my ink jet printer with limited success. With that Thank you for getting this together for us. I know it's like a group hug but we all owe you lots of gratitude for this site. Looks like there's a few artists among the members. Not only by the work on some of the bikes but also by the Tshirt designs.

Well I've been away for a while and it looks like it will be a bit longer till i'm back in full swing working on my bike. I thought I i'd have a quick look at the site because I haven't been here for a while and what do I find? The T shirts are ready to order!!:yikes:
Looks like I got back here just in time. Mines ordered. Thanks for your hard work on this.

Hey Travis,

:banghead: :doh: I've been out of the loop for a little while and saw the admin email only today. Im hoping that I didnt miss the boat on the presale, as I have now paid for mine only today, and sent you an email.

:cheers:

Back