Xs400 enduro/hybrid

Reaction score
Here is my current XS build. I am combining a xt350 chassis with my xs400 engine to make what will hopefully be a wicked tracker/enduro. Here is a link to the full build is here on Do the ton. http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=32151.msg345163#msg345163
DSC_0094-1.jpg
DSC_0096-2.jpg
DSC_0095-1.jpg
DSC_0092-1.jpg
DSC_0089-1.jpg
DSC_0091-1.jpg
DSC_0099-1.jpg

I have an '82 xs400 rj seca,and it has a similar monoshock style frame.It is set up for road use,of course,but the engine can put out a pretty good bit of torque,especially when fitted with pods and a good exhaust system. They also have a governor that can be by-passed to give more speed and power.I'm going to bob mine,as I have a dt400b for enduro action.Looks like you'll have an impressive machine,keep us posted so wecan live vicariously through you. lha

That bike was actually an inspiration for me. I saw it on dotheton.com awhile ago and fell in love with the look. I hope my bike turns out half as cool. Things are moving slow but I will post updates. Thanks

I love when people take something and turn it into something else. I have a lil hobby of mine I call 2Face Customs. First project was a 2001 Kawasaki EX500 I turned dual sport. Anyways seeing this thread reminded me of a bike I read about the other day xt600 turned cafe racer. http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2012/02/yamaha-xt600-cafe-racer.html?m=1

Sweet bike you have there. A lot of nice fab work. Keep us posted.

Posted via Mobile

Yeah I also have a love for making things that are unique. I always wanted a multi cylinder dual sport. Do you have any pictures of your ex500 dual sport? I would love to see it.

I love when people take something and turn it into something else. I have a lil hobby of mine I call 2Face Customs. First project was a 2001 Kawasaki EX500 I turned dual sport. Anyways seeing this thread reminded me of a bike I read about the other day xt600 turned cafe racer. http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2012/02/yamaha-xt600-cafe-racer.html?m=1

Sweet bike you have there. A lot of nice fab work. Keep us posted.

Posted via Mobile

Yeah I also have a love for making things that are unique. I always wanted a multi cylinder dual sport. Do you have any pictures of your ex500 dual sport? I would love to see it.

http://www.sanitariumdesigns.com/terror.php?id=projects&ProjectID=29

Not to much has changed since the last update, issues with title so I put the project on he backburner for a bit. End result will be close to same but with gas mask with projectors in the eye sockets for the headlight, hand guards wth turn signals integrated, 40mm ammo cans (the big ones) as the saddle bags, tail fairing is staying and adding a set of radiator fairings to clean up the ugly between the radiator and tank, then all plastics rhinolined and camo painted and ofcourse dualsport tires.

Posted via Mobile

lhaolpa, what governor? Farm tractors and lawn mowers have governors, but I never heard of a bike with one.
Leo

I did a bunch of work to my fiberglass seat. I smoothed out the "plug" then I made a mold and laid the glass for the final product, but I just didn't like the way it turned out. I really want this bike to be awesome......so I scrapped that idea and started over. I went back to sheet metal and whipped up a seat pan that I really like. When I look at it, I think it fits the bike. here are a few pics of the mold and fiberglass seat i didn't use and the new steel seat I will be using. I ordered my exhaust (mufflers) the other day. There is a picture of what it is going to look like. I will be using these exact muffers in roughly the same location. I really felt that this bike needed dual exhaust. The Also my new carbs came today......AWESOME!

102_5232.jpg
102_5234.jpg
102_5238.jpg
images.jpg
DSC_0167.jpg
DSC_0168.jpg
DSC_0168.jpg
DSC_0169.jpg
DSC_0170.jpg
DSC_0171.jpg

Mate, that final seat design is bloody excellent. I reckon it is heaps better than the fiberglass. How come you are going dual carbs? You bike is so innovative I was kind of expecting a custom 2 into 1 carb.

I am really diggin' this build.

Back