Xs400 enduro/hybrid

Sorry its been so long since i updated my build. I still need to get it running right but at least it is running. I took it for a little ride tonight and it didnt run half bad. It sounds amazing when your going through the gears. The brakes and suspension felt good. I was quite pleased. It was dark out so I didn't go very far. In the daylight once I know its going to stay running I will take it on a little bit longer ride and try to take a ride video. Here are a few pics and a video of my progress. Ps, it sounds much better in person :)

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0385.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

I put 50miles on her today! Rode the back roads to the bike shop and.........(drum role)....... Passed Inspection! We are good to go.

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0384-1.jpg

DSC_0385-1.jpg

DSC_0386-1.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0389-1.jpg

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah,or some good dual purpose tires,so you can go anywhere.Those knobbies aren't safe at all on the street,especially cornering. lha

The front is a metzler karoo. I have never used one before but it is the factory tire on several dual sports so i figure it cant be to bad. Now as for the rear... It is a shinko 255 trail pro. It feels a little squishy but very grippy. So far they feel pretty solid. I have talked to a few guys that have run them on the street with good results. They are DOT rated tire. I Don't plan on doing any long street rides but we will see how they measure up. I will be taking it easy. I had kenda track master II's on my old bike. Now they were scary in the corners. :)

Back