Make Offer - XS400 Engine and Carbs

irishlord99

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I have an engine and carbs that I acquired long ago and would either like to sell the engine to someone who needs it, or buy a parts bike off someone who doesn't want it. I am not looking for a bike that is restoration worthy, but rather something that I could chop. I won't cut up a classic, but if you have a wreck with a VIN number and all the electronics intact: then that's what I'm looking for.

On the other hand, if you have a bike with a shot engine that you're looking to restore, then perhaps this engine is for you? It's out of an 81 XS400H. I haven't measured compression, but I know that the engine turns over.

I'm in southern Maine and would prefer something local, if possible. Hit me up if you're interested! Not looking to make a lot, just want this thing either in a bike or out of my garage! Thanks.

Keep in mind in order for an 81 sohc motor to fit correctly it needs to be in an 81 or 82 sohc frame. The 77-80 motors used a different lower rear mounting bolt (much smaller) than the later bikes.

Back