License Plate Bracket

bcbobbers

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
So I wasn't too keen on spending a bunch of cash on a bracket for my license plate and tail light. So I thought it over for a while and came up with a super cheap and easy bracket design. The metal bracket I used was about $2 at walmart. I cut off the top part of the bracket so it could hold the tail light as well as the license plate. Here are some pics of it mocked up before I paint the bracket. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSCN0287.jpg
    DSCN0287.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN0288.jpg
    DSCN0288.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCN0289.jpg
    DSCN0289.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 311
Looks good man. How are you planning to attach it? Just a word of caution....make sure to use some sort of Loctite on the tailight bolt unless you want your light getting drug down the highway! Lol just take my word for it. Vibrations will totally uninstall your light for you while youre riding!

aye, safety wire it!

not sure a single bolt can hold the plate and lamp, too much vibrationa nd wind to hols it methinks

I'm with the boys here,
probably wanna go with both the bolts on the tail-light. And while you're at it put in one more bolt for the plate. Better safe than sorry.

And yeah, cool taillight! :)

I haven't hard tailed my bobber yet so for at least this year I am planning on attaching the bracket to the stud attaching the top of the suspension to the frame. I am gonna have to use some spacers, but it should work well. I also am afraid that it may come lose so I might get the next size up bracket since they had larger ones at "wal-fart" so I can attach both the light and plate with two bolts. I also will use locktite it on and use a impact wrench to tighten the bolts...probably a battery impact as I don't want to strip the hell outta the bolts.

Back