new front master cylinder

redratbike

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
my master cylinder is shot ,,even beyond a rebuild kit as it seriously corroded so just bagged a new one on ebay its a pattern part for a yamaha not xs though for the bargain sum of £15 ($24)

a bargain i thought!

quite a small reservoir so should tidy up the bars a little

newpatternmc001.jpg

newpatternmc002.jpg

newpatternmc003.jpg

Looks good Mark. Have you made the leap with some news forks yet? I've got a whole front end minus wheel coming tomorrow hopefully :doh:

still watching a load on the bay of fleas but i've just commited £250 to getting my Aprilia Mille fixed this month so may have to hold off

incidentally think you need different wheel bearings to run the aprilia spindle ( its a smaller dia. )..sure the guy in cornwall in the link you sent me mentioned this

and if i hang on you can find all the problems out and how to resolve them ha ha ha how cheeky is that

That's not cheeky mate, just clever thinking, lol.

I've already taken a bit of a flyer on what bearings I need. I think the RS runs a 20mm spindle so I've ordered some 6004 2rs for the wheel and another taper bearing for the headset. Why I couldn't just wait another day and measure the actual parts before ordering I'll never know. Probably why I've got a bedroom full of spare parts that I'll never use...

that master cylinder would look great on my seca, where about did you find it?

ebay its a magic hong kong special..i'm in the uk ,i paid on 6th july and it was here on the 13th hows that for service

price £14.99 or make offer inc shipping ( which they didnt have when i bought) so you may get it cheaper

Item number: 330528904371

sellers name is.. iwannebuy

title.. Front Brake Master Cylinder for Yamaha YZ Bikes

100% Brand New Front Brake Master Cylinder for Yamaha YZ Bikes

- Fit the following Yamaha's:

YZ 80, YZ 85, YZ 125, YZ 250, YZ 490

- Type: front brake master cylinder with lever and brakelight switch

- Handlebar fit: 7/8"

- Piston bore diameter: 12.7mm

- Banjo bolt thread pitch: 10 x 1.25mm

does it need a different taper? obviously missed that reading up ..

The RS yoke has a 25mm stem, whilst the XS400 has 30mm stem at the bottom and 25mm at the top. So the RS needs two 25x48x13 taper bearings (I think :umm:).

Look what was waiting when I got home...

2010%252520TCU%252520BBO%252520309.JPG

Caddy :bike:

The RS yoke has a 25mm stem, whilst the XS400 has 30mm stem at the bottom and 25mm at the top. So the RS needs two 25x48x13 taper bearings (I think :umm:).

Look what was waiting when I got home...

nice one ..

?????????? on bearing size as the bit below says

"the stem is 30mm diameter at the top and bottom so you just have to use two 30x48x13 taper roller bearings. These are basically just two of the bottom size for the xs400 anyway, about £15 each"

i've seen a very good set for about £60 but no caliper or disc..i have the disc so caliper should be about £30 ..fingers crossed ..need to sell a few more aprilia bits on ebay to raise some cash then i can really tear into this project...had all my overtime stopped at work so have to be careful of her indoors spying my purchases..lol:yikes:

Last edited:
Back