New seat

Joshwuh

XS Student
Reaction score
I'd like to get a new seat for my '77 XS400 but I don't know where to look or what specifications I need. I am looking for something a bit more sporty or aggressive than the stock seat. Can anyone guide me in the right direction on where to look and what I'm looking for? Thanks.

I'm actually wondering this same question about handlebars. I would like to find some that are drag bars with a very small rise. When I googled them all I got were Harley results.

It is probably cheaper to get dense seat foam and make your own design. Then either stretch your own vinyl over it or have a upholster do that for you. You also will get a seat that is exactly what you want and will fit the bike perfectly.

i find this question really quite funny because i do upholstery work for a living and i am quite happy with my seat just like it is!!!

i have seen some really interesting creations on this site! i completely agree with daddio! the only way to get what you want is do it yourself!!

guillari made a 2/4 seat for the xs

giuliari.jpg

I got a pair of drag bars off of ebay for $20 and love how they look, there are a ton on ebay and other sites, just make sure you get ones that are 7/8 inch bars and not 1 inch. My buddy also just got some drag bars with a slight rise to them off of ebay just do a search on ebay and you should be a ton of results.:thumbsup:

if there is a motorcycle salvage yard anywhere near you those are great places to get your hands on several bars and actually feel the amount of rise and pull back that fits you. sweet looking bars are usualy uncomfortable. lol

not mine, a german bike. Guillari made a two four seat for the xs. I did have one but sold it years ago!

I'm actually wondering this same question about handlebars. I would like to find some that are drag bars with a very small rise. When I googled them all I got were Harley results.

google 7/8" drag bars.harley bars are 1"

For bars like the ones in the above picture try looking up Kawasakai z1 kz900 or kz1000 from 1973 up to about 1984 on ebay .The ones in picture above look just about like the ones on my 1976 kz900. One Question about seat foam Where can you get the nice yellow heavy foam that came on a lot of bike? All I can find is foam that is used in making chairs like at this link. http://www.foambymail.com/open-cell-foam.html

I did a quick search on fleabay and found this

Also, found this store. The foam and cover option looks good because you could stretch it a little to fit the XS's fat ass.

FYI - I have got a seat for an SR that is just a bit too skinny to sit on the XS frame & needs a bit of creativity to mount on the bike.

Back